• Last Updated:
  • Jan 29th, 2015 9:25 am
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 22, 2009
8 posts
Toronto

Looking for a certain type of old CRT

I've been bit by the retro game collecting bug and have myself a fine collection of nes games. What I'm looking for are old crt's like sony pvms or hd crt tv's. Was wondering on what sort of stores I could visit in Toronto to find one besides sifting through Kijiji and Craigslist.
5 replies
Deal Guru
Aug 14, 2007
10689 posts
1857 upvotes
Toronto
Cash converters maybe (if they even exist still I don't know...)

Kijiji may be your only option, but even then one might be hard to find on there as well
Penalty Box
Apr 25, 2013
7398 posts
1325 upvotes
They would probably pay you to pick it up ! ...LoL
There used to be a monitor recycling place here in Montreal, so there might be one in GTA as well.
Mar 14, 2007
731 posts
57 upvotes
I used to get high quality/high resolution CRT monitors from an electronic recycler in Mississauga, this was going back to like 2007-2008, I held out switching to LCDs for a while and you couldn't really get CRTs any more for computers (at least not good ones) but this recycler had lots of good ones for like $20, these monitors originally sold for like $800+. I doubt they still have stuff like that but it's worth a look on Kijiji/Craigslist, that's how I found them originally.
[OP]
Dec 22, 2009
8 posts
Toronto
Yeah, I figured Kijiji/Craigslist were the only real options considering most regular crt tvs weight +120 lbs
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2005
3515 posts
1607 upvotes
Ontario
Value Village et al?
Kaboom! Kaboom! KABOOM!