• Feb 25th, 2021 10:43 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
7393 posts
5408 upvotes
Kitchener

Looking for Cheap Used 6/7 Passenger Options

It's not for me. Does anyone have vehicle suggestions??? Trying to stay 2012+ and under $10k.

My immediate thoughts are a well used/older Grand Caravan or Mazda 5 (6-passenger). They would prefer a 7-passenger though. Budget is EXTREMELY limited (likely under $10k) and they plan on driving approx. 30,000km per year (I would assume since they're budget constrained that fuel efficiency would be important).

The last time they went through this, the Grand Caravan was too "uncool" for them so they went with the least reliable vehicle in the world instead - a 7-passenger Dodge Journey (which I highly recommended against). I think they've sorta learned their lesson???
Last edited by Rob_EV on Feb 22nd, 2021 11:36 am, edited 3 times in total.
51 replies
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
7393 posts
5408 upvotes
Kitchener
cristianosham wrote: Tribeca, Freestar, Yukon and so on.
To get one under $10k, those vehicles would be WAY too old. Trying to get something less than 10 years.

Tribeca is an interesting idea, but at quick glance it's going to be too expensive for a newer one.
Last edited by Rob_EV on Feb 22nd, 2021 11:33 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
6130 posts
4741 upvotes
Rob_EV wrote: To get one under $10k, those vehicles would be WAY too old. Trying to get something less than 10 years.
So you want something that's reliable, under 10 years old and $10K that isn't a minivan but seats 7.

This almost feels like an unicorn.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
7393 posts
5408 upvotes
Kitchener
Xtrema wrote: So you want something that's reliable, under 10 years old and $10K that isn't a minivan but seats 7.

This almost feels like an unicorn.
That's definitely not MY wish list (because I realize it's probably a bit unrealistic). I think they'd be willing to accept a minivan or a vehicle that seats 6 as compromises.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
7393 posts
5408 upvotes
Kitchener
KevinM56081 wrote: Honestly, GC. Or a Toyota Sienna like this one
Thanks for the link (seems like a great price).....I'll send to them.
Jun 4, 2020
554 posts
468 upvotes
Clarington, ON
Rob_EV wrote: Thanks for the link.....I'll send to them.
I just did a quick and dirty autotrader search. Never driven a sienna, but they seem to be well regarded. Milage isn't crazy on that. Also fits within the rfd requirements for make and colour! Not sure if shifting your location or widening radius would provide different results. I'm east of the city. Believe that MY has a chain driven 2GR engine.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
7393 posts
5408 upvotes
Kitchener
KevinM56081 wrote: I just did a quick and dirty autotrader search. Never driven a sienna, but they seem to be well regarded. Milage isn't crazy on that. Also fits within the rfd requirements for make and colour! Not sure if shifting your location or widening radius would provide different results. I'm east of the city. Believe that MY has a chain driven 2GR engine.
Yes, beige Toyota minivan = MOST uncool vehicle ever ;)

Might as well embrace it?
May 24, 2008
256 posts
194 upvotes
Mississauga
Never understand someone who think minivan is uncool or someone who think suv is cool, but that s just meSmiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
Deal Fanatic
Sep 16, 2004
9512 posts
1817 upvotes
Toronto
Lot's of options with your parameters.
Lot's of 6 and 7 seater SUV's now.
Domestics and Korean will fit your price range.
And off course mini vans like these.
You'll have to decide newer but not Japanese reliability or older but Japanese reliability etc.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/mar ... lx/m347652

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-cars-trucks/mar ... 1552167492
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
6130 posts
4741 upvotes
macrossr wrote: Never understand someone who think minivan is uncool or someone who think suv is cool, but that s just meSmiling Face With Open Mouth And Cold Sweat
Especially if there's a extremely low budget. Beggar can't be choosers. There are plenty of minivans that fit that criteria. Take minivans out and add reliability to the mix and it's very tough.

Although I have a feeling Ford Flex may make the list. But don't know how reliable they are.
Last edited by Xtrema on Feb 22nd, 2021 12:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mar 13, 2019
162 posts
97 upvotes
Minivan
Lincoln Navigator
Ford Excursion
Chevy Suburban
Toyota Sequoia
Nissan Armada
I think some late pathfinders are 7 passenger, they're probably giving them away by now
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
7393 posts
5408 upvotes
Kitchener
lo23HH wrote: Minivan
Lincoln Navigator
Ford Excursion
Chevy Suburban
Toyota Sequoia
Nissan Armada
I think some late pathfinders are 7 passenger, they're probably giving them away by now
All except the minivan option are ABSOLUTELY horrible on fuel.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 1, 2004
6130 posts
4741 upvotes
Rob_EV wrote: All except the minivan option are ABSOLUTELY horrible on fuel.
Man, now you are adding fuel efficiency on the pile?

Geez, beggars can't be choosers.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
35248 posts
21224 upvotes
Center of Universe
2012 Rav4 with optional 3rd row... probably easier to find a unicorn though.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
5975 posts
2070 upvotes
Ottawa
Are adults going to sit in the back row? If so, try the others but I think minivans will likely be the only real option (even in a Excursion or Suburban, I don't think it's trivial for adults to get in / out of the rear row).
Deal Fanatic
Jul 4, 2004
5975 posts
2070 upvotes
Ottawa
vkizzle wrote: 2012 Rav4 with optional 3rd row... probably easier to find a unicorn though.
Having owned a Highlander with a 3rd row, I can vouch that the 3rd row is probably only designed to be used by people under 10 so I suspect a RAV4 would be no different.
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2007
1358 posts
309 upvotes
Vancouver
KIA Sedona. Chrysler Pacifica.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
7393 posts
5408 upvotes
Kitchener
michelb wrote: Are adults going to sit in the back row? If so, try the others but I think minivans will likely be the only real option (even in a Excursion or Suburban, I don't think it's trivial for adults to get in / out of the rear row).
No, what kind of cruel person buys a 7-seater to put adults in the 3rd row???

We're only talking about being cruel to kids here!