Cell Phones

Looking for the cheapest prepaid plan with unlimited text and some data for iMessage

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 26th, 2016 3:47 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2005
1900 posts
82 upvotes
Vaughan

Looking for the cheapest prepaid plan with unlimited text and some data for iMessage

Looking for the cheapest plan for my kid in school that has unlimited text and maybe some data for iMessage to work.
Older kid uses Koodo prepaid plan for $15/month (with one time added 1GB of data booster for $30) and it works well for him,
Another kid started texting like crazy so for now I activated $10/30 days unlimited text on Speakout Wireless and there is also an option to add 100MB of data for $10/30 days.
Is Koodo $15/month (plus 1GB for $30) booster is the cheapest way to get unlimited text plus some data or there are cheaper options?
Thanks in advance!
4 replies
Deal Guru
Dec 10, 2004
12255 posts
1799 upvotes
Kanata
isn't imessage done over wifi and not cellular data?
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2002
4823 posts
148 upvotes
GTA
I was in a similar situation. I had been on Speakout, but found myself more and more needing a little more than what Speakout had to offer. Due to family circumstances started using a lot of texts, 30 minutes of voice, and needing some data each month.

Koodo prepaid has worked out about the best. The $15 plan gives unlimited texts, and with automatic pay gives me 10% back each month that I use for boosters. A 1GB booster lasted me about 16 months, and the 500min voice went 14 months.
Rock it.
Deal Addict
Jul 15, 2003
3292 posts
762 upvotes
Ontario, Canada
How about the fido 3GB/month for$15 tablet data plan. Still available for another 3 days. Set them up with fongo and it's unlimited texting option for $2/month.

so for $17/month they have 3GB for calling and data. And unlimited texting.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2016
4489 posts
3059 upvotes
Calgary/Vancouver
goofball wrote: isn't imessage done over wifi and not cellular data?
Imessages can be sent over cellular data. There's really no difference between WiFi and cellular data as they both transmit data, just which connection you connect to.
Current Fido and Rogers customer.
Ex Koodo customer.