• Jun 23rd, 2022 3:16 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2011
1150 posts
229 upvotes
Toronto

Looking for Clear Tape that will not leave adhesive residue

I am looking a particular clear / transparent tape to use in an art project. The tape needs to be near transparent, thin, can accommodate a slightly curve surface without bubbling up or buckling, can adhere to a smooth metal surface and will not leave any significant adhesive residue on the surface when removed later. The adhesive must also not react in any way or tarnish the metal surface underneath.

I don't even know how to search for a product. Much appreciate if someone who is more knowledgeable here can offer some suggestion...
1 reply
Deal Addict
Jun 3, 2010
1168 posts
694 upvotes
Richmond Hill
I see you have not had any suggestions...But for me, I have only trusted 3M Scotch Magic Tape for stuff like this.

It looks opaque, but it applies pretty clear. I usually get it pretty flat without any bubbles...you just have to work on your technique, but it should be totally doable to get flat.

As for adhesive, I have not had much problem with it on hard surfaces like glass and mirrors, hard plastics and metal as well. But if adhesive is there, I just use some more tape and tape up that adhesive...that usually does the trick. Worse case, I use something like Goo Gone to wipe it off.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)