• Last Updated:
  • Feb 13th, 2021 8:34 pm
[OP]
Mar 5, 2013
172 posts
161 upvotes
Toronto

Looking for IT Company to setup Server in our office

Hi guys, do you have any recommendations, not looking for some huge company but someone who does nice work.
Life is the art of drawing without an eraser.
6 replies
Sep 28, 2017
13 posts
7 upvotes
Where are you located? I had a guy in North York (Danny) that handled our IT. I think his company is IT Business Tech (found him https://itbiztek.com/) - very reasonable dude and a pleasure to deal with. He also recommended a contractor that came to hard-wire our office for the internet (phones, computers) - the guy charges per LAN connection (but was also very reasonable).
Good luck.
May 2, 2013
275 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
What are you trying to setup ? File server, DC, Application Server ? What do you have right now ? How many users are in your office ?
[OP]
Mar 5, 2013
172 posts
161 upvotes
Toronto
I just need the ability to have centralized storage and have employees access it from their homes. I don't want to use dropbox, I prefer something in house but secured and protected.
Thank you DealDreamer2K I will try them.
May 2, 2013
275 posts
58 upvotes
Toronto
SharePoint Online is great alternative to your normal fileshare server. A lot of company have it, they just never utilize it.
[OP]
Mar 5, 2013
172 posts
161 upvotes
Toronto
I will check thank you @ptlr036615
Mar 1, 2017
68 posts
36 upvotes
In this day age I would seriously look at SharePoint online.
We have many clients moving to full cloud and there is very little reason for a newer install to go in-house.
Just make sure to secure it with 2FA and get an online backup.
No need for an internal server.