• Last Updated:
  • Dec 19th, 2020 9:11 am
[OP]
Jul 9, 2014
654 posts
200 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Looking for contractor

Hi, I am going to put my rental on the market next spring/summer. I will ask the tenant to move out in February 2021 and doing some reno work in April 2021. Hopefully, put the house on the market in May 2021.

I am looking for a contractor to do
  1. Kitchen - Will redo all kitchen
  2. Bathroom 1 - Repair the one on the second floor. This is just a minor improvement (faucet thing)
  3. Bathroom 2 - Convert the two pieces washroom on the ground floor to three pieces bathroom (stand shower)
  4. Painting the whole house
  5. Flooring - Might or might not do (depending on the condition check)
Does anyone know a good contractor for the work? And What is the estimated budget for the work? I am preparing the budget at 20K.

And the house is a townhouse at Jane/Finch location
4 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2012
3684 posts
2644 upvotes
KINGSTON,ON
It's impossible to give you any kind of number on what you want done, since there are so many variables.
What is the age of the structure? Is it a row house style or stacked? How many square feet is it? How big is the kitchen?
I'd suggest you double your budget because even a cheap kitchen is going to be $8-12K.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2007
9961 posts
5246 upvotes
Paris
Also, due to Covid, your timeline is very very tight. You will need to get all that stuff ordered ASAP for an April install.
Deal Addict
Jun 26, 2009
3965 posts
2955 upvotes
GTA
Poor contractor will need to wear safety boots, covid mask and bulletproof vest all the time Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36156 posts
10274 upvotes
Ottawa
Jerico wrote: Also, due to Covid, your timeline is very very tight. You will need to get all that stuff ordered ASAP for an April install.
Also due to COVID, you may have difficulty getting your tenant out. You had better be sure they are willing to leave in middle of winter, they may not have to.
The Government cannot give to anybody anything that the Government does not first take from somebody else.