Computers & Electronics

Looking for a dash cam. Any recommendations?

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 6th, 2020 12:10 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2006
1206 posts
62 upvotes

Looking for a dash cam. Any recommendations?

I'm looking for a decent das cam for under $100.
I was thinking of this one

If I could get one with a backup cam, even better.

Any suggestions?
9 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
4962 posts
1841 upvotes
fogo wrote: I'm looking for a decent das cam for under $100.

Any suggestions?
Plenty of options on Amazon.ca ...
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2006
1206 posts
62 upvotes
jdmfishingonly wrote: Plenty of options on Amazon.ca ...
Heavy Exclamation Mark Symbol

That's extremely helpful. I imagine you're the idiot that downvoted the thread?
Nov 29, 2011
968 posts
343 upvotes
Milton
I have two of these (my car and wife), as well as two more used by family (parents):

https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B01LXLCWYF/

It goes on sale often, I've never paid more than $80. I'm sure it'll be on sale again around Black Friday.

I know there are ones with better quality, but this one is still 1080 with wide angle, it's pretty small (about 2x2"), it has a screen so you can easily change settings directly on the camera and aim it better, and it's a capacitor version so can be used year round in hot/cold weather without issue. Has an easy button as well to save certain clips manually if you see something, as well as motion detection if you're in an accident.

Also very easy to set up. Insert the SD card, format it (you'll get a prompt), set the date/time and whatever other settings you want (eg you can have audio on/off, motion senitivity, length of clips at 3/5/10 minutes, etc), and you're good.

Also includes suction cup or adhesive patch, and adhesive clips for where you can't tuck the cord into the vehicle interior (eg around windshield or running it under the glove compartment).
Deal Addict
Jul 21, 2009
1162 posts
617 upvotes
Toronto
fogo wrote: I'm looking for a decent das cam for under $100.

Any suggestions?
These things always go on sale during Black Friday so I would wait a few weeks if you can.