• Last Updated:
  • Oct 1st, 2021 6:31 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2005
3663 posts
1174 upvotes
Mars

looking for a deal on internet (cable) service

only need internet. no bundle. currently on Rogers for about $55 (including tax) with 500M, unlimited.

any fido deals recently?

PS: lol

i assume, by default, anyone doesn't specify otherwise, is in GTA.

my bad
Last edited by forgetpwd on Sep 13th, 2021 3:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
15 replies
Aug 31, 2005
643 posts
177 upvotes
Looking for the same. Although op, your price looks good to me. Im paying about 42 for 150m.
Looking for rogers 500 or 1g deals!
Please help
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32149 posts
15428 upvotes
Socially Distanced
Kiraly wrote: I 'm surprised you can get Rogers internet on Mars, I didn't think any Canadian ISP's coverage area went that far.
With our high rates its good they are at least giving Mars internet access over buying another ivory back scratcher.
Which only means 100 ivory back scratchers purchased this month instead of 101.
In fact in Rand McNally they wear hats on their feet and hamburgers eat people
Deal Expert
Jan 9, 2011
19736 posts
28625 upvotes
Vancouver
crazychick wrote: Looking for the same. Although op, your price looks good to me. Im paying about 42 for 150m.
Looking for rogers 500 or 1g deals!
Please help
Your question has something in common with @forgetpwd's. It's missing a key bit of info.
Aug 31, 2005
643 posts
177 upvotes
Kiraly wrote:
Your question has something in common with @[forgetpwd]'s. It's missing a key bit of info.
What info are you looking for?
Im looking for home internet, Rogers or its sub-brands. Ive checked my address and Bell's site offers me max 50mbps.

Edit: city - richmond hill, Ontario
Crappy bell service to my location
Last edited by crazychick on Sep 12th, 2021 10:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Jan 9, 2011
19736 posts
28625 upvotes
Vancouver
crazychick wrote: What info are you looking for?
Im looking for home internet, Rogers or its sub-brands. Ive checked my address and Bell's site offers me max 50mbps. [Richmond Hill ON]
Location, which you did just reveal. It's funny how so many GTA folks forget that there are parts of Canada other than the GTA, and that availability and pricing of things like home internet can vary widely around the country. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes I tried to clue the OP in with my Mars comment, but I think it went over his head.
Last edited by Kiraly on Sep 13th, 2021 11:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32149 posts
15428 upvotes
Socially Distanced
crazychick wrote: What info are you looking for?
Im looking for home internet, Rogers or its sub-brands. Ive checked my address and Bell's site offers me max 50mbps.
You may want to edit your post to just state city and ask the mods to fix quoted posts.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2005
3663 posts
1174 upvotes
Mars
Kiraly wrote: Location, which you did just reveal. It's funny how so many GTA folks forget that there are parts of Canada other than the GTA, and that availability and pricing of things like home internet can vary widely around the country. Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes I tried to clue the OP in with my Mars comment, but I think it went over his head.
lol

i assume, by default, anyone doesn't specify otherwise, is in GTA.

my bad

Face With Tears Of Joy
Deal Expert
Feb 8, 2014
32149 posts
15428 upvotes
Socially Distanced
crazychick wrote: Bump - anyone cab help with Rogers deal?
Consider Teksavvy
Aug 31, 2005
643 posts
177 upvotes
Teksavvy is expensive 300mbps is 98+tax. Faster then that is more..
Carrytel pricing is decent, but im not comfortable with a contract. Have used both b4.
Currently with fido, and service is ok, but weve had more failures with fido in 1y then with either of them in longer time periods.
Deal Addict
Oct 24, 2010
2985 posts
3186 upvotes
Ottawa
Who are you with for mobility?

We just had Virgin install a new fibre drop for 100/10 with a $40/month discount for 12 months.
100/10 FTTH for $40/month.

It requires you to have mobility service with Virgin, though.

virgin-plus-home-internet-up-40-month-b ... v-2488621/

Others have had success with -50% off at Fido through Wireless Wave or Wal-Mart. Technically you need to have Fido mobility service, but the dealers seem to be able to get around it.

wireless-wave-fido-internet-50-off-50-a ... t-2486884/
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2007
4962 posts
6862 upvotes
GTA
New sign up to Carrytel in April 2021 75u $35 a month. Just received notice of price increase to $45 in October
May 6, 2009
255 posts
311 upvotes
don't use carrytel if you care about having internet, switched away from them after multiple huge outages last year. they only have 1 physical line and when it goes down their entire service is down and they have to wait multiple days for a rogers tech to go and repair it. also they scammed me on my modem rental deposit (sent it back and never received the refund)
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2005
3663 posts
1174 upvotes
Mars
CrazySpaniard wrote: don't use carrytel if you care about having internet, switched away from them after multiple huge outages last year. they only have 1 physical line and when it goes down their entire service is down and they have to wait multiple days for a rogers tech to go and repair it. also they scammed me on my modem rental deposit (sent it back and never received the refund)
among all 3rd party carriers, teksavvy probably still the best, but the price is ridiculous, used them for years, left about 2 years ago. if i don't have data/phone bundled with internet, guess not much choice here, only rogers or fido, for cable internet.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)