88 upvotes

Looking for deal on legitimate Microsoft Office

Would appreciate any advice on where to buy this if I'm not a student. TIA
11 replies
Aug 11, 2012
300 posts
564 upvotes
Halifax
Check if you're eligible through your employer for 30% savings on the Microsoft 365 subscriptions: https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/home-use-program

It's not as great as what the Home Use Program used to be, but it's better than most sales for those subscriptions.
Not to know is bad; not to wish to know is worse. ☕
Deal Addict
Mar 28, 2010
1005 posts
566 upvotes
GTA
Costco has download versions of Microsoft office if you don't want to pay for a continuing subscription.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
stack21 wrote: licensekey24
I'm suspicious.

Most legit sites don't sell "N" versions domestically since they're for Europe.
They also list LTSC which I'm fairly certain can't be sold individually. You must buy at least 5 other licenses.

This smells like an MSDN reseller but with hilarious pricing. JUST low enough below retail where you suspect they may be legit but so high compared to other MSDN resellers that it's a joke.

I very well could be wrong and these guys are legit, but this doesn't smell right at all.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Deal Addict
Apr 1, 2015
1637 posts
929 upvotes
NOYFB
death_hawk wrote: I'm suspicious.

They also list LTSC which I'm fairly certain can't be sold individually. You must buy at least 5 other licenses.

This smells like an MSDN reseller but with hilarious pricing. JUST low enough below retail where you suspect they may be legit but so high compared to other MSDN resellers that it's a joke.

I very well could be wrong and these guys are legit, but this doesn't smell right at all.
Yes this site smells fishy to me as well...
<inappropriate signature>
Deal Addict
May 24, 2017
1840 posts
1485 upvotes
QuinteWest
Did you see current Costco deal for 15 month subscription for $100?

It's the family version, so 6 users.
Jan 17, 2013
778 posts
379 upvotes
death_hawk wrote: I'm suspicious.

That's interesting, if they are not suspicious, then that $99 is an attractive price. The Microsoft Office Home & Student 2019 costs $169.99 at Staples on a regular price. Usually during a sale, it is about $20 to $30 off, or sometimes if you buy a brand new PC, they would also give a discount for the Microsoft Office. That $99 price is lower than major store's sale price of $140.

I don't know if the store is legit or not. The low price may make it not smell right after all. I am curious, though, where do you find that "N" version you mentioned? It doesn't seems to have any version/model no at all, just "Office 2019 Home and Student". Where do you find "LTSC"? Why do you say you must buy 5 other licenses? I could add just one copy of Office, if I click checkout, I can just buy one copy.

Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2006
31271 posts
17295 upvotes
stack21 wrote: That's interesting, if they are not suspicious, then that $99 is an attractive price. The Microsoft Office Home & Student 2019 costs $169.99 at Staples on a regular price. Usually during a sale, it is about $20 to $30 off, or sometimes if you buy a brand new PC, they would also give a discount for the Microsoft Office. That $99 price is lower than major store's sale price of $140.
Retail seems to be $169 everywhere. Probably MAP. Discount with new PC doesn't really count.
I am curious, though, where do you find that "N" version you mentioned? It doesn't seems to have any version/model no at all, just "Office 2019 Home and Student". Where do you find "LTSC"? Why do you say you must buy 5 other licenses? I could add just one copy of Office, if I click checkout, I can just buy one copy.
Oh this is Windows.
LTSC is the "special" version of Windows you can't buy normally hence why I'm suspicious. This is one where you basically have to go to a reseller and set up a license agreement.
AFAIK there's no way to buy single licenses of Windows 10 LTSC.

Outside of Windows Server and LTSC, everything else is licensable as one unit without having to setup an agreement.

But I'm still not 100% sure I'm right or wrong. These very well could be legitimate but there's enough signs there that point towards not legitimate.
Do you not have anything else to do rather than argue with strangers on the internet
Nope. That's why I'm on the internet arguing with strangers. If I had anything better to do I'd probably be doing it.
Jan 17, 2013
778 posts
379 upvotes
death_hawk wrote: Retail seems to be $169 everywhere. Probably MAP. Discount with new PC doesn't really count.

Oh this is Windows.
LTSC is the "special" version of Windows you can't buy normally hence why I'm suspicious. This is one where you basically have to go to a reseller and set up a license agreement.
AFAIK there's no way to buy single licenses of Windows 10 LTSC.

Outside of Windows Server and LTSC, everything else is licensable as one unit without having to setup an agreement.

But I'm still not 100% sure I'm right or wrong. These very well could be legitimate but there's enough signs there that point towards not legitimate.

I see. You are talking about Windows 10 and not Microsoft Office Home & Student 2019.

Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC 2019
https://licensekey24.com/windows-10-ent ... ltsc-2019/

Office 2019 Home and Student
https://licensekey24.com/office-2019-home-and-student/

I guess the best way to find out if they are legit or not is to call up Microsoft Canada.
Jan 17, 2013
778 posts
379 upvotes
More crazy prices from unknown stores:

Microsoft Office 2019 Home and Student for Windows $124.99
https://softwarekeep.ca/microsoft-offic ... udent.html

This one looks outright suspicious at $49 for the Professional version :

Microsoft Office 2019 Professional Plus License $49
https://pcstore-ca.com/products/microso ... us-license

PC-STORE
Our Address:
1420 Norman Rd