• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2016 12:01 pm
[OP]
Jul 12, 2015
125 posts
16 upvotes
TO

Looking for In-Ear Headphones

I'm looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones for use at computer at work and with my phone. Never been into sound, so I'm not sure what is good budget priced or overpriced paying for a brand.

Thanks.
6 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2011
1487 posts
351 upvotes
Xiaomi Piston 3 is probably your best bang for the buck right now.
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2011
3345 posts
399 upvotes
RICHMOND HILL
Purplenim wrote: I'm looking for a good pair of in-ear headphones for use at computer at work and with my phone. Never been into sound, so I'm not sure what is good budget priced or overpriced paying for a brand.

Thanks.
What earphones are you currently using? If so, do you find them acceptable or do you want something that sounds different?
[OP]
Jul 12, 2015
125 posts
16 upvotes
TO
I have only used the generic ones that come with my cell phones, as far as in-ear ones.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
4546 posts
2635 upvotes
Sound is highly subjective plus fitment for in ears.

I have a bunch including M-Audio M6, JLabs, Sony, but my favourite so far is the Klipsch S4. You can find Klipsch S4 for under $50 on sale.

Do know in-ears may not be super comfy to wear all day long, you might prefer over hear headphones for comfort. Also In-ears require cleaning once in a while, otherwise it gets really gross and affects sound quality.
[OP]
Jul 12, 2015
125 posts
16 upvotes
TO
bhrm wrote: Do know in-ears may not be super comfy to wear all day long, you might prefer over hear headphones for comfort. Also In-ears require cleaning once in a while, otherwise it gets really gross and affects sound quality.
I mostly use overear gaming headphones at home, but I feel like it has been feeling weird recently, applying too much pressure to my head. Don't really see why it suddenly became the case and it is probably a bit more difficult to "test" a new ones fit as I can't wear it for long hours at a store. My current ones probably don't fit snugly over top of my glasses I switched out recently so it pushes the glasses arms into the side of my head, applying pressure and causing some sort of discomfort/headaches.
Deal Addict
Jul 13, 2009
4546 posts
2635 upvotes
Purplenim wrote: I mostly use overear gaming headphones at home, but I feel like it has been feeling weird recently, applying too much pressure to my head. Don't really see why it suddenly became the case and it is probably a bit more difficult to "test" a new ones fit as I can't wear it for long hours at a store. My current ones probably don't fit snugly over top of my glasses I switched out recently so it pushes the glasses arms into the side of my head, applying pressure and causing some sort of discomfort/headaches.
Ah glasses, over ears are like that. Look for on-ear or 'open' type headphones then.