• Jun 18th, 2014 6:45 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2011
1484 posts
380 upvotes

Looking for Electric Toothbrush Deal

Hey everyone,

I'm sure there's someone out their who has spent the time researching this, so I figured I'd just ask. What is currently is the best value electric toothbrush on the market? I've been using a manual forever, and finally am making the switch!

What I'm looking for:
- rechargeable (without AA batteries, etc)
- self sanitizing (is this possible?)
- something that is dentist recommended (the ADs say everyone is... lol)
- something with somewhat reasonably priced replacement brushes

Price Range: $100 - 250

Ideally I'd like to get something on sale. I have some Shoppers Optimum points, and a coupon for 20% off a non-sale item, so if you guys have any ideas there - regardless of on sales or not - I would appreciate it! Oh also, I'm not adverse to purchasing from Amazon.ca or anything.

Please ask if you need any clarification, but hopefully this paints a picture of what I'm looking for!
4 replies
Jul 24, 2012
91 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto
I recently got the phillips sonicare flexcare platnium toothbrush and its awesome. My periodontist recommended me to get this brush because I have plaque on my teeth near the gum lines. He said this is the best brush to clean your teeth properly and remove the plaque. Its very easy to use and I notice a big difference already. This brush vibrates up and down which is way better than those brushes that just turns in circles. The regular price is $199 but if you do some research online you will be able to find it on sale. Cheers
[OP]
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2011
1484 posts
380 upvotes
hockey9898 wrote: I recently got the phillips sonicare flexcare platnium toothbrush and its awesome. My periodontist recommended me to get this brush because I have plaque on my teeth near the gum lines. He said this is the best brush to clean your teeth properly and remove the plaque. Its very easy to use and I notice a big difference already. This brush vibrates up and down which is way better than those brushes that just turns in circles. The regular price is $199 but if you do some research online you will be able to find it on sale. Cheers
Thanks! Looks like a great product. I'll look into it for sure :)
Deal Addict
Jun 13, 2014
1154 posts
387 upvotes
Mississauga, ON
I'll be totally honest here, an expensive toothbrush wont help. I use a $30 Oral-B vitality by Braun and while it does an amazing job at cleaning teeth I have to pair any brushing with a waterpik. Gum rot is what causes tooth decay, use that hundred bucks and get yourself a waterpik (WP-100) and buy some replacement heads online. Start at 2 - 3 on the settings and work your way slowly until your gums can withstand 10. You'll see a HUGE improvement.
Something with more than two legs, but less than three.