• Feb 14th, 2019 9:44 am
[OP]
Dec 23, 2014
2 posts
1 upvote
Mississauga, ON

Looking for free Baseball camp/training program for Toddler

Hello,

I would like to know if you guys can help me with information about any baseball camps/kids training program (free) or with minor pay for my toddler son. he will be 3 by next summer. i live in Mississauga but wont mind travel Toronto for my kid.

Thanks,
TH
9 replies
Deal Fanatic
Mar 10, 2005
7562 posts
1968 upvotes
shuvro10 wrote:
Jan 29th, 2019 10:26 pm
Hello,

I would like to know if you guys can help me with information about any baseball camps/kids training program (free) or with minor pay for my toddler son. he will be 3 by next summer. i live in Mississauga but wont mind travel Toronto for my kid.

A cheap yet fund way to improve his skills is take him to batting cages once a week
Thanks,
TH
3? Whatever you do I strongly advise against anything structured. Put him in house league ball and let him have fun. They will be picking the grass and playing with the infield dirt - but having fun, socializing and learning the basics. Put 2 boys through all kinds of levels of baseball from house league to rep to elite to university ball.
"Leaders who don't listen will eventually be surrounded by people who have nothing to say"
Jan 18, 2016
154 posts
36 upvotes
Winnipeg, MB
Yeah, you're jumping the gun a little there. play catch with the little guy, even just roll him groundballs and get him to throw them back. DO NOT try to fix his mechanics, try to have a conversation instead. DO NOT get him the biggest glove you can find, get him one that he can lift. buy a bucket of whiffle balls and a light bat, or even a PVC pipe that he can swing and have at it. these activities are waaay more fun that actually playing at his age.
Deal Addict
Aug 15, 2015
1513 posts
192 upvotes
Markham, ON
I don't think anyone would want to look after your toddler for free.
[OP]
Dec 23, 2014
2 posts
1 upvote
Mississauga, ON
Thanks blexann for your advice, but where can I find a house league ball in Mississauga? google doesn't help! thanks.
Deal Addict
Aug 17, 2008
2484 posts
1457 upvotes
shuvro10 wrote:
Feb 10th, 2019 8:11 am
Thanks blexann for your advice, but where can I find a house league ball in Mississauga? google doesn't help! thanks.
The coaches are going to love you.

Google: "Mississauga Baseball"
Images
  • Mississauga baseball.JPG
Deal Addict
Oct 17, 2009
2814 posts
530 upvotes
Looks like someone is planning for their retirement ;)
Jesus saves, I spend