Nov 28, 2013
2426 posts
957 upvotes
Quebec

Looking at a gas Snowblower

So we are looking to buy a snowblower for the home

I was looking at this one as I know shit about snowblower

https://www.rona.ca/fr/souffleuse-a-nei ... 0-32018458

You have any opinions about this snowblower? Like will it survive QC winter with random freezing rain and last a few years?

Thanks for the opinion
8 replies
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
2174 posts
821 upvotes
Edmonton
Your link has been morphed into the generic Rona one by the RFD robots......

No idea what one you mean, but if I was doing it, I’d look for a used Honda 2 stage on Kijiji or Craigslist....
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten....
Feb 26, 2018
106 posts
69 upvotes
We need more info. How big a driveway are you clearing? Is this for an able bodied person or a frail grandma? How many inches a season do you get?

I found movingsnow.com to be a great resource for snowblower research. Check out his list from last season of the best, and read the comments below the article where the author responds to a bunch of questions

https://movingsnow.com/2019/twenty-best ... fall-2019/
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 28, 2013
2426 posts
957 upvotes
Quebec
Ryankay wrote: We need more info. How big a driveway are you clearing? Is this for an able bodied person or a frail grandma? How many inches a season do you get?

I found movingsnow.com to be a great resource for snowblower research. Check out his list from last season of the best, and read the comments below the article where the author responds to a bunch of questions

https://movingsnow.com/2019/twenty-best ... fall-2019/

my Driveway is a 20x35, But we will have a Tempo so will probably have about 20x12 left

Would also be used to create pathway on the side of the house and maybe in the back

Your links have the Briggs one im looking for so that looks good
Jan 29, 2007
273 posts
57 upvotes
Markham
Mine home is 2-garage, fits 8 vehicles on the driveway (long). Just purchased so looking for gas snowblower as well.

From what i gather from the site, 3-stage is not necessary powerful.

What is the recommendation here? The site has alot of information to sift through..
Apr 21, 2008
120 posts
85 upvotes
Don't meant to hijack the thread, but I had a snow blower question and wasn't sure a new thread was appropriate

Will a gas snow blower work on cobblestone/paver/interlock driveways?

I've always had a smooth paved driveway until recently. Bought a new home and inherited an uneven brick driveway.

Will a gas blower destroy the brick or the brick destroy the blower?
Images
  • IMG_4580.JPG
Jan 22, 2012
447 posts
165 upvotes
Bradford
I have had a cub cadet from Lowe’s for 6 years. Never had any issues. Starts on the first pull every time. (Has an electric start but I’ve never needed it)
Deal Addict
Jul 2, 2001
4131 posts
1488 upvotes
GTA
mighty_chef wrote:
Will a gas blower destroy the brick or the brick destroy the blower?
I have the same interlock, heck even the pattern is the same lol, but i have a single stage snowblower with a rubber blade and there's no damage.