Request-A-Deal

Looking for a good Credit card for Cashback from Groceries and Gas (Shop more at Walmart and fill gas at Mobil)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 27th, 2022 1:36 am
[OP]
Mar 7, 2011
23 posts
3 upvotes
Thunder Bay

Looking for a good Credit card for Cashback from Groceries and Gas (Shop more at Walmart and fill gas at Mobil)

Hi All,

Really need you input. I have 2 cars and fill gas at Mobil petrol station and buy groceries mostly at Walmart. Looking for a good credit card to maximize on Cashback. Average spend per month is around 40o to 500 bucks a month minimum. Any suggestions will be highly appreciated. (Current card only gives me 1% in rewards (Walmart master Card) Thanks in advance
6 replies
Jun 17, 2006
565 posts
320 upvotes
Calgary
FYI Walmart doesn't code as groceries, it codes as general merchandise or something.
eBay Feedback: 118 and counting.
Dec 21, 2010
441 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto
Kiraly wrote:
Only with MasterCard I think.
I’d get Tangerine MC pick two merchant categories including groceries and gas, take 2% on each. That’ll earn you $120 per year on a $500/month spend.
So you manually tell/fill out two categories, let’s say Walmart and Costco (gas included?), and you get 2% on these merchants. Do you get some base % on “all other merchants”. Any annual fee?

I’m on rogers world elite Mastercard, 1.5% across the board with no annual fee ($15K annual spend to continue)

Thanks
Deal Guru
Jan 9, 2011
13740 posts
17816 upvotes
Vancouver
NeedaSuit wrote: So you manually tell/fill out two categories, let’s say Walmart and Costco (gas included?), and you get 2% on these merchants. Do you get some base % on “all other merchants”. Any annual fee?

I’m on rogers world elite Mastercard, 1.5% across the board with no annual fee ($15K annual spend to continue)

Thanks
Not at Costco. Not 100% sure Walmart fits into grocery category. Search for the Ultimate Tangerine Guide thread on RFD for details on what categories you can pick and which merchants are in each. Tangerine is 0.5% on other

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)