• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2021 4:09 pm
[OP]
Jul 19, 2014
251 posts
220 upvotes
Vancouver, BC

Looking for a good deal on buying a Google Pixel 4a or 4a with 5G outright

I want to keep my existing old phone plan and have been overdue for a new Android phone for a couple years. While there is no microSD expansion slot, the 4a still seems to be the best value, though the 4a with 5G is a little better (just not $200 worth of "better" IMO). Google directly sells the 4a for $479 and the 4a with 5G for $679 (recently on sale for $629). Does any RFDer know of discounted pricing for either phone?
2 replies
Deal Guru
Sep 1, 2005
14799 posts
9532 upvotes
Markham
Lot of BNIB Pixel 4A's showing up on the resale market right now if you're comfortable buying thru there. I've seen some as low as around $370. Not sure if it was the 5G variant.

RFDer with good feedback is your best choice to buy from.
Kijiji is OK but you need to do your deal in a safe place and little more vigilant.

Thought Google discounted the 4A by $50 very recently...there was a post on Hot Deals.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2015
2070 posts
1493 upvotes
Southern Ontario
The 'expandable storage' issue is overrated. I have a ton of pictures on my Pixel 3A with no issues. Back when phones only had 16 or 32gb it was an issue. Nowadays with 128GB storage for a 4A, what's the point of having expandable storage? Chipsets are getting more efficient and memory is getting faster, there is no issue.