Cell Phones

Looking for a good family or small business plan for 4 phones

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 26th, 2018 12:20 am
[OP]
Jan 1, 2009
123 posts

Looking for a good family or small business plan for 4 phones

I've got a grandfathered Wind 30 plan which has been great for several years except lately been getting a lot of missed calls (no ring) and spotty service while driving on the 401 between cities.

Wind was fine when I signed up 5 or 7 years ago and was working for the man but now I run a small business and can't afford to miss/drop calls.

My business partner is overpaying at $110:month with his current Bell plan.

So I'm thinking my biz partner and I and our wives should look for a group plan to get the best bang for the buck.

We already own phones outright.

User 1: needs 500 mins/month or unlimited within Canada, 300 mins/month to the USA, 5gb data
User 2: needs unlimited within Canada, 5gb data
User 3 and 4 are the wives who only need local talk and text

i need to be on a reliable network with dense coverage in GTA, Cambridge, Guelph, and the highways in between

All ideas appreciated
3 replies
Deal Expert
Dec 12, 2009
20661 posts
8831 upvotes
Toronto
There's a $60 for 6 gig option that meets the needs of some of the users on the list. I think this is available with multiple carrier brands. Zoomer has a talk and text plan for $22.50 with basic smart phone. With so much variability in usage, you will need very different plans and possibly from different carrier brands to optimize costs. Go take a look at the current tending threads on the hot deals forum, call the carrier and bargain.
Deal Addict
Oct 27, 2007
2261 posts
110 upvotes
I don't want to hijack the OP's thread but will I get anywhere asking in a new thread how people figure out all these plans? I find it quite insane and the language used seems intentional in confusing potential buyers/customers.

I am asking for someone else but looking at plans that are $70/mth (no more - that is the budget). Don't care if it's contract or not and maybe - for me - at phones requiring no more than $200 up front cost/price.

I own a G4 with a cracked screen and I was convinced not to repair it so someone bought me an Acer Zest - so this phone was $100 up front. Using a contract that expires the first week of March. The phone was unlocked so just kept paying the monthly charge on the contract (was 2-year about to expire soon).

I think $110 the OP's friend pays is too much for us but I think plans might be expensive these days? Would like a flagship phone but probably won't happen because these plans seem so expensive, contract or not. Is it possible to get a decent phone and have a plan that includes call minutes w/ text at $70/mth?

It won't be an iPhone X or Samsung Note 8 but maybe something is out there that is half decent?
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
33799 posts
7444 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
teleguitar wrote: I am asking for someone else but looking at plans that are $70/mth (no more - that is the budget). Don't care if it's contract or not and maybe - for me - at phones requiring no more than $200 up front cost/price.
https://www.koodomobile.com/rate-plans? ... Shop_Plans

$65, 4 Gigs Data
$360 towards any tab, you pay the rest up front meaning you can get a phone with a value of $560 (assuming you pay $200)