Wheels and Tires

Looking for a good tire shop to fix a flat (bead leak)

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 23rd, 2021 5:54 pm
Tags:
None
[OP]
Jan 30, 2016
391 posts
118 upvotes
Toronto, ON

Looking for a good tire shop to fix a flat (bead leak)

Looking for a good shop to fix a flat. Had the exact same tire leak at the bead last year. Canadian tire cleaned the corrosion on the alloy wheel but seems to back a year later.

I usually like going to simply tire but I hear management changed and it's not the same.

Considering Kal tire or limitless tire. Looking for places in the northwest of toronto or York region.

Anyone got any shop recommendations?
4 replies
Deal Guru
Mar 9, 2007
13777 posts
8820 upvotes
Think of the Childre…
Superior Tire in North York.

WOULD SOMEBODY THINK OF THE CHILDREN!!!
Jun 21, 2006
803 posts
406 upvotes
just a heads up it will probably leak again next year, basically you will be doing it once a year
Oct 25, 2020
149 posts
98 upvotes
See if they can take a photo of the inner barrel of the wheel, or show it to you so you can see it's condition.

They can clean it up, add some bead sealer to help but if the rim of the wheel is corroding/damaged it'll probably continue. Make sure the shop replaces the valve stem.

You can try sourcing a used alloy. Depending on make/model.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2004
28321 posts
8774 upvotes
johntitor2036 wrote: Looking for a good shop to fix a flat. Had the exact same tire leak at the bead last year. Canadian tire cleaned the corrosion on the alloy wheel but seems to back a year later.

I usually like going to simply tire but I hear management changed and it's not the same.

Considering Kal tire or limitless tire. Looking for places in the northwest of toronto or York region.

Anyone got any shop recommendations?
Simply Tire did change ownership, but they're still a good shop. Would say to go there.