• Last Updated:
  • Oct 28th, 2020 4:30 am
[OP]
Jan 10, 2020
14 posts
8 upvotes

Looking for a laptop

Hello,

My girlfriend is using my gaming computer for his studies.. until we get a new laptop.

Do you have any idea on which Laptop that we can buy ? Like the best laptop for each $
Should we wait for black friday ?

Budget 700$
3 replies
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
15000 posts
12115 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
Traditionally there are DEEP DISCOUNT sales on “some” laptops during Black Friday & Cyber Monday
(Prob the 2nd best time to year ... the 1st would be Back To School in August & September when pretty much ALL Tech goes on sale / promo )

My best advice ...
Do your research now
Have a list of possible suitable laptops for your needs
Then watch to see which ones are being featured for BF / CM Sales

You’ll want to be organized so you can react fast / jump on a deal when you See it
Cuz stuff can move quickly
And sell out in a flash
Deal Guru
Aug 26, 2002
13606 posts
5136 upvotes
Toronto, ON
OP, ask yourself these questions:

1. What form factor do you want? Screen size?
2. Do you need touchscreen? Flip screen/2-in-1s?
3. How much memory & SSD size do you need?
4. How much battery life can you live with?
5. How light of a laptop can you live with?

There were some laptop sales for Prime Days and as @PointsHubby said, BF/CM is less than a month away and that's probably where you'll find good deals. But have a general idea of what you want so you can quickly assess the deals that will come soon. Would be even better if you do your homework now and find a brand & model you want then keep an eye out for that particular model to narrow your search. Set the deal alerts with keywords to help notify you if a deal gets posted on RFD.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 24, 2012
5647 posts
1821 upvotes
Space
Wait for BF.
BebeCad wrote: Hello,

My girlfriend is using my gaming computer for his studies.. until we get a new laptop.

Do you have any idea on which Laptop that we can buy ? Like the best laptop for each $
Should we wait for black friday ?

Budget 700$