• Last Updated:
  • Jan 11th, 2022 10:57 am
[OP]
Jul 25, 2005
115 posts
18 upvotes
Mississauga

Looking for LMIA Jobs

My girlfriend is trying to find a job that offers LMIA (Labour Market Impact Assessment) but it seems that every job offer we find is either sketchy (contact emails lead to a website that's not sketchy or shows up as unrelated). For those who have gone though the process, How did you find an LMIA job, or were you able to apply for a job and then convince them to get an LMIA?

Thanks, Ron

(LMIA is for people out of country to fulfill a need in Canada, so they file an LMIA to show they need to hire externally to get the skills they require)
Thanks
2 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 12, 2008
4500 posts
1299 upvotes
GTA
The Service Canada job bank used to be better help with this, apart from that I would talk to CIC or check their website to see what they recommend.

As it is now, anyone can work in Canada for a year full time and be eligible for PR after although schooling here helps with a higher score so I am not sure what angle the LMIA would offer.
Deal Addict
Jul 30, 2010
3256 posts
465 upvotes
Job Bank (jobbank.gc.ca) has a search feature where you can search specifically for those types of jobs. Go to Advanced search, way down under Employment Groups, check off "Temporary Foreign Workers", then search whatever province/city you want as well. It will show you all the employers looking for temporary foreign workers, and they will all have an LMIA either in process or approved.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)