• Jul 15th, 2020 10:41 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2002
6192 posts
735 upvotes
Vancouver

Looking for - Lysol No-Touch Kitchen System Dish Soap Dispenser Starter Kit

As title indicates.. I am looking for this product. Doesn't look like Superstore/Walmart/Canadian Tire... have this anymore.

Any ideal where I can find this locally? Is there anything better?

9 replies
Administrator
Jun 17, 2013
16852 posts
32969 upvotes
Scarborough
I've seen a few simplehuman touch free soap dispenser deals shared here and people seem to really like them. They're not cheap but more reasonable when they do go on sale.
RFD Staff - Have a question? Send me a PM
[Forum Rules] [Deal Alerts]
Jul 25, 2013
289 posts
305 upvotes
Toronto
i have simple human dispensers. its great and their customer service is fantastic
Jun 10, 2016
486 posts
366 upvotes
Brampton
are you sure you want this? have gone through a few in the past and every single one stopped working fairly quickly and went in the garbage. would never buy one again.
Nov 28, 2019
677 posts
298 upvotes
jtcb wrote: As title indicates.. I am looking for this product. Doesn't look like Superstore/Walmart/Canadian Tire... have this anymore.

Any ideal where I can find this locally? Is there anything better?

I think they discontinued those (they also brought out a different dispenser right after, that you could refill called Lysol Foam Magic but that one may also be discontinued as well ).

I think they got rid of it because their plan was for people to buy the overpriced refills but so many youtube videos went around showing you how to refill it. I never bought a single refill for it. I guess that is why they brought out the other one but I think that thing was like $20+ so maybe that turned alot of people away.

I bought other ones in the past from aliexpress (was like for $10) and some from amazon (like $20). The $10 one lasted about 1.5 years (probably would have bought another one but now the same one goes for like $22) and the $20 one still is going after 3 years, but that one also seems to have gone up in price as is like $40 now and apparently that is the sale price.

I sort of gave up on automatic dispensers as I had like 8 of them (4 of them these lysol ones when I got for free with mail in rebate) and most of the ones I ever bought lasted like 2 years on average, even the simple human ones that are like $40+ did not last long, I think I did a warranty claim and got a new one and a few years later that one broke, I just don't have luck with them.

I also wanted to having foaming soap which is even harder to get a automatic dispenser for. In the end I did a 180 and moved away from automatic dispensers and even commercial hand soap.

I now buy Castle soap, vegetable glycerin, almond oil and essential oil and mix all these ingredients together and put them in a dollar store foaming soap bottle and use that now.
Last edited by jimbob12341 on Jul 14th, 2020 7:53 pm, edited 7 times in total.
Sep 18, 2009
471 posts
210 upvotes
Brampton, ON
TomRFD wrote: I've seen a few simplehuman touch free soap dispenser deals shared here and people seem to really like them. They're not cheap but more reasonable when they do go on sale.
Infiniti2011 wrote: i have simple human dispensers. its great and their customer service is fantastic
Agreed, I know it's not what the OP asked for, but I have a simplehuman dispenser in the bathroom that works great. As stated by TomRFD, not cheap but they are great to get when they are on sale.
Deal Expert
Sep 1, 2005
18057 posts
12778 upvotes
Markham
muscleflex wrote: are you sure you want this? have gone through a few in the past and every single one stopped working fairly quickly and went in the garbage. would never buy one again.
I've had one before...1) dispenses way too much soap 2) go anywhere near it and it dispenses even though I never intended to trigger it. ==> Stopped using it.
We're all bozos on the bus until we find a way to express ourselves...

Failure is always an option...just not the preferred one!
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Dec 25, 2002
6192 posts
735 upvotes
Vancouver
Thanks for the suggestion on simplehuman. Doesn't look like Amazon carries it anymore.
Jul 25, 2013
289 posts
305 upvotes
Toronto
jtcb wrote: Thanks for the suggestion on simplehuman. Doesn't look like Amazon carries it anymore.
buy on simplehuman website, ships from USA but have never been charged duties.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)