Looking for Mini SUV model 2017 or later

• Last Updated:
  • May 23rd, 2019 8:36 pm
[OP]
May 15, 2019
67 posts
22 upvotes

Looking for Mini SUV model 2017 or later

Want a mini SUV or Sedan 2017 or later model. Km below 100000.
6 replies
Deal Guru
Jan 9, 2011
10190 posts
12191 upvotes
Vancouver
Welcome to RFD! Any used car dealer will have what you're looking for. This is what I do when buying a car to score the best deal:

• Dress well.
  • Smile.
  • Butter up the sales agent and other staff.
  • Be likable at all times. People are more likely to give you a deal when they like you.
  • Never say the car you're interested in isn't worth what they're asking.
  • Tell them that you love the car and it's worth every penny of the asking price.
  • Punch some imaginary numbers into a calculator and show them that this is how much over your budget their asking price is. Make puppy dog eyes. Don't threaten to leave. Stay and be pleasant until they come down to a price you're happy with. It might take some time. Be patient.

This is how I talked a dealer down from $13,990 to $9,990 when I bought a used Kia in the fall. I learned this car buying technique from a retired FBI agent who specialized in negotiating for the release of hostages.
[OP]
May 15, 2019
67 posts
22 upvotes
Thanks Man but do you know any dealer in Ontario where I can get a good deal.
Deal Guru
Jan 9, 2011
10190 posts
12191 upvotes
Vancouver
Gwal123 wrote: Thanks Man but do you know any dealer in Ontario where I can get a good deal.
LOL of course you're in Ontario (seen my sig line?) No specific suggestions, but believe me your haggling technique is going to be what scores you a deal. Works at any dealership.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
33322 posts
7013 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
Gwal123 wrote: Want a mini SUV or Sedan 2017 or later model. Km below 100000.
2017 or later? Hard to imagine you will find too many over 100,000 kms. That means they would be driving 50,00 kms per year

I would look at LeaseBusters and take over someone’s lease. This gives you the opportunity to try the car for a year or two and then buy out the car if you like it. It is still a good deal since the original owner paid most of the costs
[OP]
May 15, 2019
67 posts
22 upvotes
But I don’t want to go on lease and buy on cash as planning to take mortgage soon so don’t want any lease in my file.