Home & Garden

Looking for model recommendations and a good source for 3 or 4" recessed LED lights

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 23rd, 2020 4:56 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2015
1653 posts
212 upvotes
East York, ON

Looking for model recommendations and a good source for 3 or 4" recessed LED lights

These are for my bathroom.
- need a rubber ring (gasket?) that prevents the humidity to infiltrate behind the LED
-need strong clips as that is one of the weak components for these lights ?
-need to be IC rated
-dimable is not a must
-3" or 4 "
-low profile box
-there is no lights there at the moment so I do not need the remodel type
-flat trim
-color is white matte
-warm white
-not sure about the wattage (or the equivalent lumen) probably 60W
[external link removed, do not repost]
9 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jan 25, 2007
9172 posts
4704 upvotes
Paris
@CuriousC prefers that no professionals respond. Just a heads up.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2015
1653 posts
212 upvotes
East York, ON
Jerico wrote: @CuriousC prefers that no professionals respond. Just a heads up.
yes DIYers only please
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2015
1653 posts
212 upvotes
East York, ON
nobody able to help with this ...OMG this forum is full of contractors
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2007
2272 posts
1255 upvotes
Alliston, ON
CuriousC wrote: nobody able to help with this ...OMG this forum is full of contractors
Maybe people are tired of dealing with you...

I have a bunch of the Trenz LED pot lights. They are slim and meet all your requirements
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2015
1653 posts
212 upvotes
East York, ON
schade wrote: Maybe people are tired of dealing with you...

I have a bunch of the Trenz LED pot lights. They are slim and meet all your requirements
Thanks for the suggestion. I can't find the brand on Amazon. Looking for reviews (Scratch that they are there https://www.amazon.ca/gp/offer-listing/ ... dition=all)
When I am going to be done with the plumbing I am going to send you the info I collected from ppl who did not find me to be a PIA.
They had no vested interest and they were not collecting business (or they had zero hopes to collect mine) and they helped me A LOT.
I ended up with a very ingenious solution for all my problems and I told them upfront that I am interested in functionality and not code dogmatism.
Their comments reflect realism in that respect. While they are pros and they take the code as a necessary evil they agree that youcould work outside the code
The way I see it (working outside of the code limits) is this: as long as you do not put at risk anybody's life it is your business if the insurance will not pay to fix your screw ups and it is OK if you are handy and you can fix the issues yourself

When I start a project I do my homework and I read the codes as much as I need and as much as I need to feel safe and confident
There is sections of each code that are simply paranoid and they are there to cover extreme situations.
You the home owner pay more money just to cover a thing that was fine before and it might not apply to your situation
Other than that ...we all need standards and rules (otherwise we would live in chaos) but there is a point beyond which the rules become a burden not a help
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2015
1653 posts
212 upvotes
East York, ON
$40 is about the right price from what I am reading
Other brands seem to be around this price ($10/piece) on Amazon.ca

Not sure if I want to wait till they go on sale (who knows when that will happen)
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jun 27, 2015
1653 posts
212 upvotes
East York, ON
Thanks they have amazing reviews!