• May 28th, 2019 12:16 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2007
3372 posts
815 upvotes
Toronto

Looking for a new Electric Range

What's the consensus for brands? I've read that GE and Whirlpool are the leading manufacturers for Ranges. But does anyone have any input?
2 replies
Oct 3, 2011
583 posts
376 upvotes
OTTAWA
coil or glass top induction? I've been reading what people have to say about glass tops vs older coil styles.. Everyone I've talked to say the glass tops do not get cookware hot enough for certain styles of cuisines that require high heat throughout the cook process. Coils are better for that, and gas is king. My brother complains that when he tries to stirfry the pan and wok rapidly cool down as there just isn't enough heat to properly sear, and you end up getting boiled veggies. This happens a lot on coil too but he says he misses the stove in my house when he used to live there.

The reason I'm looking is that I don't expect my stove to last too much longer, and selection on quality coil stoves is few and far between and they don't last. It's gotten to the point that I'm thinking about running gas for my next stove.

I have no input on brands so far as I'm still looking into what my options are and keeping an eye on everything.
Jun 4, 2019
11 posts
4 upvotes
Stay away from Samsung, the sliding trays in the oven don't last and you can actually bend the shelves with very little force. I'd suggest a frigidaire gallery or maytag for quality at a price that wont break the bank.