• Jun 7th, 2021 12:10 am
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
7752 posts
3770 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario

Looking for a place to buy LG through the wall AC

I have a through the wall AC at home and it is not working that well.
It is very hard to find a place that sell through the wall AC units.
So far, I can only find it in Home Depot.
I want to get this LG model.
LG LT1216CER
But no one in canada seem to sell it.
Anyone know where to find through the wall AC?
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Guide to get free movie BOGO code from Virgin Mobile
How to setup PAP in Tangerine
6 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
2884 posts
1552 upvotes
London
i would recommend not buying LG a/c. i had one of there portable a/cs and it started making a weird noise after a few months. i called there support and they claimed that in Canada they don't repair a/c units they kept saying u have to take it back to the store but i was well past the return time with the store so they wouldn't do nothing. finally found an email for there executive office and they offered to refund me but def confirmed that in Canada they do not repair a/c units
Deal Expert
Oct 6, 2005
16623 posts
2328 upvotes
Couple years back, tried to cheap out and use a portable AC for my home office ... got an LG at Costco thinking it was well made, but it was a really crappy AC, barely cooled the air. It was a PITA to take back to Costco too since the thing probably weighed 80lbs.

Ultimately spent the money on a Mitsubishi Mr. Slim ductless AC, much happier now.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
7752 posts
3770 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
aaron158 wrote: i would recommend not buying LG a/c. i had one of there portable a/cs and it started making a weird noise after a few months. i called there support and they claimed that in Canada they don't repair a/c units they kept saying u have to take it back to the store but i was well past the return time with the store so they wouldn't do nothing. finally found an email for there executive office and they offered to refund me but def confirmed that in Canada they do not repair a/c units
coolspot wrote: Couple years back, tried to cheap out and use a portable AC for my home office ... got an LG at Costco thinking it was well made, but it was a really crappy AC, barely cooled the air. It was a PITA to take back to Costco too since the thing probably weighed 80lbs.

Ultimately spent the money on a Mitsubishi Mr. Slim ductless AC, much happier now.
Oh wow. I always though lg is a good brand.
Any good in the wall Ac? I can't use portable. There is already a sleeve in the wall.
If I buy something that is not in deep discounted, my father will punish me; everyone will laugh at me. I will be the strange kid who doesn't fit in.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
2884 posts
1552 upvotes
London
theflyingsquirrel wrote: Oh wow. I always though lg is a good brand.
Any good in the wall Ac? I can't use portable. There is already a sleeve in the wall.
there fine for tv and fridges i guess. but i'm thinking for a/c that places like HD import them from the us and sell them here but there probably not officially sold in Canada witch i'm guessing is why they have nothing in place for repairs. the manuals that came with the a/c all had us support numbers but when calling from Canada it would redirect the call to lg Canada who couldn't do nothing for u.

just find whatever u can get for cheap the way stuff is made now a days its all made to be though away so get whatever will do the job for as cheap as u can that way if it dies in a year or two u can replace it and not worry to much about toughing a bunch of money away.
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Jun 6, 2010
7752 posts
3770 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
aaron158 wrote: there fine for tv and fridges i guess. but i'm thinking for a/c that places like HD import them from the us and sell them here but there probably not officially sold in Canada witch i'm guessing is why they have nothing in place for repairs. the manuals that came with the a/c all had us support numbers but when calling from Canada it would redirect the call to lg Canada who couldn't do nothing for u.

just find whatever u can get for cheap the way stuff is made now a days its all made to be though away so get whatever will do the job for as cheap as u can that way if it dies in a year or two u can replace it and not worry to much about toughing a bunch of money away.
I see. Guess I will get the Danby one from Costco when it shows up.
Deal Addict
Feb 20, 2015
1826 posts
1243 upvotes
Southern Ontario
How many BTU are you looking for, sleeve size? Home Depot has a bunch, as you stated.

Before you take out your wallet - Clean your filter and check the condenser outside, make sure it's clean and not clogged with bugs or dirt. Make sure it's draining properly, etc. If you aren't on a ground floor that might be difficult, would need another person to pull it out with you if possible.

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/comfor ... 1000661529

This isn't the best time to buy AC units... in a heat wave, but necessity means you might not get the greatest deal and have to deal with something in stock or that will be shipped to you.