Home & Garden

Looking to purchase a three hole drop in style double sink for 30" ikea cabinet.

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 14th, 2022 10:54 am
[OP]
Aug 5, 2013
308 posts
495 upvotes

Looking to purchase a three hole drop in style double sink for 30" ikea cabinet.

Having trouble locating a sink.

Requirements:
3 hole drop in style sink
Must fit a 30 inch cabinet
True double sink not a sink and a half.

Any ideas? Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thank you,
K.
6 replies
[OP]
Aug 5, 2013
308 posts
495 upvotes
Now a days most don't even have the back area for 1 hole, and are mostly now designed for under mount.
I can definitely drill out two more holes but need the sink to fit within a 30" cabinet.
Ikea cabinets sizes are either 30" or 36" but we can only fit a 33" in our kitchen. So frustrating as we are stuck with either a 1-1/2 sink or a single sink :(

There must be options out there, I just can't find them :(
Deal Expert
May 30, 2005
47373 posts
7950 upvotes
Richmond Hill
kookzy wrote: Now a days most don't even have the back area for 1 hole, and are mostly now designed for under mount.
I can definitely drill out two more holes but need the sink to fit within a 30" cabinet.
Ikea cabinets sizes are either 30" or 36" but we can only fit a 33" in our kitchen. So frustrating as we are stuck with either a 1-1/2 sink or a single sink :(

There must be options out there, I just can't find them :(
Is this not essentially what you're looking for?
https://www.ikea.com/ca/en/p/langudden- ... s99157488/
Deal Expert
Feb 7, 2017
21904 posts
20426 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
What’s your countertop ?

Cuz technically you don’t have to have a sink with the faucet holes.

I did a Quick GOOGLE = Double Sink for a 30 inch Cabinet …

And came up with this …

A good example that otherwise fits the bill for what you are looking for from Direct Sinks
https://directsinks.com/products/dawn-u ... -dsq271616

Two equal sized sinks, under or top mount.

So there are solutions … if you have a small cabinet
Their website lists more sinks for 30” cabinets = https://directsinks.com/collections/the ... 30-cabinet?

Even listing those for 27” or 24” cabinets

They ship from Upstate NY … so pretty convenient if you happen to live near the US Border **
Just do a Parcel Drop stateside
And a weekend getaway for 2 … and you should be able to bring it back Duty + Tax Free

NOTES :

** # 1 - I gonna guess you live in the GTA … cuz you’ve not bothered to add a LOCATION to your RFD PROFILE
You really should do this as it will make your experience using the RFD FORUMS all the better

# 2 - As I say this was a Quick GOOGLE
Proves stuff exists
Where to buy it … that’s another matter
But I think I might start with the Direct Sink folks
They seem to know sinks
You could always contact them with your situation and see what else they come up with that’s out there

PS … Doing a Kitchen Makeover
People are moving away from double sinks
To just one big deep sink
More convenient for washing up large pots, pans, and sheet trays etc
Something to think about perhaps
I mean WHY DATE your kitchen Reno before you’ve even finished it
[OP]
Aug 5, 2013
308 posts
495 upvotes
kookzy wrote: I think I was over complicating it. I didn't realize the IKEA sink is 29". Doh!

Thanks so much for pointing this out to me!!!

I can now move on to other challenges LOL
Following up

I ended up going with a sink from sinksdirect.ca and getting an undermount

They have a few lines of sinks designed for a 30" cabinet including drop-in style

But we decided to go with the high end one for under mounting:

https://www.sinksdirect.ca/product-page/azuni-28-lillie-c228l-workstation-double-bowl-kitchen-sink

Only in true RFD style, I ordered a "grade A" open box version that shaved $250.00 off the price. This money saved can then go towards the more expensive mounting and countertop =D

And if you add your email address, place the item in your cart, and leave it in your cart for 24hrs, the system sends you a 5% off code to use at checkout.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)