Real Estate

Looking for a Real Estate Lawyer

  • Last Updated:
  • Dec 23rd, 2019 5:09 pm
[OP]
Member
Sep 15, 2018
312 posts
51 upvotes

Looking for a Real Estate Lawyer

Hi, I'm looking for a Real Estate Lawyer for closing on a condo that was purchased. Just wondering what the usual cost would be for a 2 bedroom condo? Thanks.
14 replies
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Feb 2, 2014
8583 posts
2453 upvotes
Toronto
Kyle12345 wrote: Hi, I'm looking for a Real Estate Lawyer for closing on a condo that was purchased. Just wondering what the usual cost would be for a 2 bedroom condo? Thanks.
Please put in your location.
Kevin Somnauth, CFA
Principal Broker - First Toronto Mortgage - MA (Ontario #13176, BC #X301007)
Real Estate Salesperson - Century 21 Innovative
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Feb 2, 2014
8583 posts
2453 upvotes
Toronto
Kyle12345 wrote: Mississauga!
@lawbooth is located in Mississauga.
Kevin Somnauth, CFA
Principal Broker - First Toronto Mortgage - MA (Ontario #13176, BC #X301007)
Real Estate Salesperson - Century 21 Innovative
Jr. Member
Apr 25, 2019
187 posts
208 upvotes
Ontario
We used Feld Kalia professional lawyers - They are located at 72 Berkeley st, Toronto.
They are knowledgeable on downtown condos and helped lot of clients on condo closing.
Sr. Member
Oct 21, 2016
863 posts
634 upvotes
GaryR28626 wrote: We used Feld Kalia professional lawyers - They are located at 72 Berkeley st, Toronto.
They are knowledgeable on downtown condos and helped lot of clients on condo closing.
Disbursements , courier costs , partial taxes and partial maintenance fees , status certificate review , title insurance , legal fees , mortgage interest etc I would say be prepared for 2000 total
Jr. Member
Apr 25, 2019
187 posts
208 upvotes
Ontario
Yup, paid around 1850$.
Btw if the condo is investment (rental) , can we deduct lawyers fees in our taxes? Anyone knows?
Jr. Member
User avatar
Aug 11, 2019
175 posts
183 upvotes
Toronto
GaryR28626 wrote: Yup, paid around 1850$.
Btw if the condo is investment (rental) , can we deduct lawyers fees in our taxes? Anyone knows?
You can add lawyer fees to the ACB of the rental property. You won’t be able to deduct the full amount the first year, but at a declining depreciation rate. (2% first year, 4% every year thereafter etc...)
Full Time Realtor
GTA & Surrounding Areas
[OP]
Member
Sep 15, 2018
312 posts
51 upvotes
oasis100 wrote: I have had quite a few of my clients use these guys.
www.realestatelawyers.ca

I have no affiliation and have nothing to gain.
CdnRealEstateGuy wrote: @lawbooth is located in Mississauga.
GaryR28626 wrote: We used Feld Kalia professional lawyers - They are located at 72 Berkeley st, Toronto.
They are knowledgeable on downtown condos and helped lot of clients on condo closing.
Shaun80 wrote: Disbursements , courier costs , partial taxes and partial maintenance fees , status certificate review , title insurance , legal fees , mortgage interest etc I would say be prepared for 2000 total
GaryR28626 wrote: Yup, paid around 1850$.
Btw if the condo is investment (rental) , can we deduct lawyers fees in our taxes? Anyone knows?
Dayravi wrote: You can add lawyer fees to the ACB of the rental property. You won’t be able to deduct the full amount the first year, but at a declining depreciation rate. (2% first year, 4% every year thereafter etc...)
Thanks guys!
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Sep 6, 2002
8596 posts
1503 upvotes
Vancouver
GaryR28626 wrote: We used Feld Kalia professional lawyers - They are located at 72 Berkeley st, Toronto.
They are knowledgeable on downtown condos and helped lot of clients on condo closing.
ALso recommend Feld Kalia
Autocorrect sucks
Newbie
Jul 5, 2012
20 posts
72 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
Axess Law is good, low price and they price match. Although I dont think any real estate lawyer is cheaper than them.
realtor
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Dec 11, 2005
8280 posts
1218 upvotes
TO
Superman3 wrote: Axess Law is good, low price and they price match. Although I dont think any real estate lawyer is cheaper than them.
I didn't know they did RE closings, they were good for wills last i went in 2016.
Achieva Financial /KOHO / STACK (0% FX Fee) /Tangerine / EQ Bank member / I use Plastiq for paying bills with my CC

"You can't soar with the eagles if you're hanging with the turkeys - Gary Kent
Deal Fanatic
User avatar
Feb 2, 2014
8583 posts
2453 upvotes
Toronto
Superman3 wrote: Axess Law is good, low price and they price match. Although I dont think any real estate lawyer is cheaper than them.
Most of my clients who have used them, say their service is horrible. But yes, they are cheap.
Kevin Somnauth, CFA
Principal Broker - First Toronto Mortgage - MA (Ontario #13176, BC #X301007)
Real Estate Salesperson - Century 21 Innovative
Newbie
Jul 5, 2012
20 posts
72 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
My clients really liked their service. I guess it depends on who the law clerk you are assigned to.
realtor

Top