Computers & Electronics

Looking for a refurbished home theatre reciever.

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2019 8:57 pm
[OP]
Jan 15, 2017
128 posts
12 upvotes

Looking for a refurbished home theatre reciever.

Hi all, like the title says, I'm looking to buy a 9.2 channel atmos reciever with 11 channels processing and audyssey, but I want to find the best deal there is. So far I've found the denon x4300h for 849.99 which is still a bit out of my price range especially when you include tax. So I've been searching around online, doing some price hunting, but the only place I can find here in canada that's sells refurbs at good prices is gibbys. Just wondering if anyone knows of other reputable places that sells refurbs at huge discounts? Oh and also with black friday coming up, would the deals then be comparable to refurb prices? Thanks
5 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
4669 posts
4721 upvotes
Vancouver
If you succeed at finding a high-end refurb like this at a huge discount, perhaps you can find me a Bugatti Chiron with only light accident damage for around $10K as well? :)
[OP]
Jan 15, 2017
128 posts
12 upvotes
Scote64 wrote: If you succeed at finding a high-end refurb like this at a huge discount, perhaps you can find me a Bugatti Chiron with only light accident damage for around $10K as well? :)
Well I guess your not familiar with how far these refurbished units can come down in price. Over the past year I've noticed a few deals at gibbys including the marantz sr6011 at 649.99. I just wasnt ready to pull the trigger at that time and now that I'm looking it seems like a lot of these deals have dried up. Hints why I'm asking if there are other Canadian retailers like gibbys who have these kinds of deals.
Deal Addict
Jan 21, 2018
4669 posts
4721 upvotes
Vancouver
Greg8642 wrote: Well I guess your not familiar with how far these refurbished units can come down in price. Over the past year I've noticed a few deals at gibbys including the marantz sr6011 at 649.99. I just wasnt ready to pull the trigger at that time and now that I'm looking it seems like a lot of these deals have dried up. Hints why I'm asking if there are other Canadian retailers like gibbys who have these kinds of deals.
I got my own AV receiver for half price because it was a store demo unit and it was a little outdated. But you're looking for a recent high-end model. That greatly reduces your chances.
Deal Expert
Mar 23, 2009
19466 posts
5501 upvotes
Toronto
Greg8642 wrote: Hi all, like the title says, I'm looking to buy a 9.2 channel atmos reciever with 11 channels processing and audyssey, but I want to find the best deal there is. So far I've found the denon x4300h for 849.99 which is still a bit out of my price range especially when you include tax. So I've been searching around online, doing some price hunting, but the only place I can find here in canada that's sells refurbs at good prices is gibbys. Just wondering if anyone knows of other reputable places that sells refurbs at huge discounts? Oh and also with black friday coming up, would the deals then be comparable to refurb prices? Thanks
Basically the options are Gibby’s B-stock or else occasionally Best Buy clearance and in both cases you looking at older stock, so right now Gibby’s is your best bet.
Deal Addict
Oct 2, 2005
1735 posts
781 upvotes
The timing may be more to do with when they clear out old models and bring in the new ones. So they probably discount the display models/open boxes more at that time. Not sure when AV equipment does its yearly refresh.