Looking For A SPECIFIC NO BAKE cheesecake RECIPE

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 25th, 2020 11:35 am
[OP]
Mar 22, 2010
406 posts
8 upvotes

Looking For A SPECIFIC NO BAKE cheesecake RECIPE

Hi ALL this particular No Bake cheesecake was from the recipe Off the dream whip package, sold in the 70's 80's In the Ottawa Valley (I am sure other places in Ont had it to but I know defiantly OV had it). It used graham crackers ,cream cheese dream whip lemon juice, your choice of pie filling flavor . It was a favorite of my family and easy to make made a 9" x 13" dessert . Many people have sent me recipes for No Bake Cheesecake but I am really ONLY interested in this ONE! Also I have contacted Kraft and they don't have this in their database !

Thanks For reading
Cindy
7 replies
Deal Fanatic
Jul 10, 2003
7848 posts
3441 upvotes
Sound like Doug Ford's cheesecake recipe lol
Mar 16, 2008
139 posts
16 upvotes
Oakville, ON
I was given this recipe from a co-worker 25 years ago:

Crust: 2 cups graham crumbs
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup melted margarine

Middle: 2 envelopes Dream Whip - add milk & vanilla and beat until fluffy
1 - 8oz pkg Philadelphia Cream Cheese
1 cup icing sugar

Topping: 1 can cherry pie filling
Deal Guru
Nov 15, 2008
12060 posts
7110 upvotes
LNahid you got it lol. Stv's version is scaled to use 1 brick, KanataKG's is 2 brick, the Doug Ford special is 3 bricks triple thicc cheesecake.

If you make a filling with 1 brick in a 9" x 13" pan it is going to be more like a bar, 2 bricks is traditional, 3 bricks is a substantial filling. Go hard or go home, make the Ford cake.

2 boxes graham cracker crumbs
1 cup sugar
½ lb butter

3 packages Dream Whip
1-1/2 cups milk
3 bricks cream cheese
1 cup icing sugar

2 cans cherry pie filling

Ford's is the ultimate version because it has a ridiculously deep crust. I have had people ask me to make this thing and they want a crust as thick as your pinky. I am told this is a key part of its charm. You don't want to put lemon juice in this one because it will curdle the milk - go for rind or lemon extract. Lemon juice is for the baked kind. You want homo milk for this but a 500 ml carton will do.

My mother used to do 2 bricks, 2 x Dream Whip, one can of filling on a sponge flan base like this https://www.loblaws.ca/Food/Bakery/Dess ... 0754095_EA

Also good is a devil's food cake mix base in the traditional 9" x 13" pan, sort of a black forest cake kind of idea.
May 28, 2012
11854 posts
4442 upvotes
Saskatoon
Company's Coming (Desserts, page 30) has a cheesecake recipe that sounds about right but it is prepared in a 9" square pan. I'm thinking it could be doubled for a 9x13?

Crust:
1/2 c butter
1 1/2 c graham cracker crumbs

Filling:
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 c sugar
1 Tbs lemon juice

1 envelope of topping mixed with 1/2 c milk (I substitute 1 c whipping cream)

pie filling of your choice

Melt butter, add crumbs and mix well. Press into 9" square pan

Beat cream cheese, sugar and lemon juice together to dissolve sugar.

Whip the topping with milk until stiff peaks (or as I do, whip the whipping cream until stiff). Fold into cheese mixture and spread over base. Chill and top with pie filling. Keep chilled until ready to serve.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)