• Last Updated:
  • Jun 1st, 2017 7:55 pm
[OP]
Aug 21, 2007
39 posts
2 upvotes

Looking for a Switch

My daughter has a birthday the first week of July (1 month left) and I told her I would get her a Nintendo Switch. Unfortunately I have been looking for it and can not find any in stock. I live in Quebec laval area and have searched from past laval to all around montreal. Anyone Know of any store that has stock or am I going to look like a father who can't keep his promise. PS I do not want to pay above the regular price as I have seen amazon has some at 200$ over the original 400$ price tag.

Please help.
9 replies
Sep 2, 2007
667 posts
119 upvotes
BC
i just noticed my local walmart restocked with Nintendo products this evening, a few Neon Switch, new 3DS XL Black or Galaxy. Worth checking if you have one nearby.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2014
3100 posts
2696 upvotes
Vancouver(ish)
dudejb wrote: Anyone Know of any store that has stock or am I going to look like a father who can't keep his promise.
"Hi, honey...I know I promised you a Switch, but they're sold out everywhere...so here's an IOU tag and we'll get one for you as soon as it's available..."

Problem solved.
Proud RFD member since January 31, 2007. Feel free to add 3,034 to my post count.
May 19, 2006
138 posts
11 upvotes
I do not know if this is a regular occurrence, or just luck, but I have had good luck at Walmarts on Friday mornings. Both past weeks I have seen (and bought one) Switches at the Stoney Creek Walmart (neon and grey models). The Sales person both times said they had arrived late the night before....
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
5138 posts
3923 upvotes
ALLCAPS wrote: "Hi, honey...I know I promised you a Switch, but they're sold out everywhere...so here's an IOU tag and we'll get one for you as soon as it's available..."

Problem solved.
"Hi, honey...I know I promised you a Switch, but they're sold out everywhere...so here's a PS4 and Call of Duty..."
(may sub PS4 with Xbox One and Call of Duty with Gears of War)

Fixed.
[OP]
Aug 21, 2007
39 posts
2 upvotes
WL1980 wrote: "Hi, honey...I know I promised you a Switch, but they're sold out everywhere...so here's a PS4 and Call of Duty..."
(may sub PS4 with Xbox One and Call of Duty with Gears of War)

Fixed.
She's turning 8 and pretty girly I don't think so. Thanks anyways. :)
[OP]
Aug 21, 2007
39 posts
2 upvotes
ALLCAPS wrote: "Hi, honey...I know I promised you a Switch, but they're sold out everywhere...so here's an IOU tag and we'll get one for you as soon as it's available..."

Problem solved.
I know that is possible but would like to make it happen since I do have 1 month to find one. Thanks for your help.
[OP]
Aug 21, 2007
39 posts
2 upvotes
Tekkan wrote: Sign up for alerts at http://www.nowinstock.net/ca/videogamin ... ndoswitch/

Amazon.ca had new stock for 399.99 fairly often over the last few days. You need a prime account to buy but you can sign up for a free 30 day trial. I was able to get one a few days ago after I got an email alert.
Very Interesting thanx I will give this a try.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
3449 posts
2053 upvotes
London
dudejb wrote: Very Interesting thanx I will give this a try.
if u can find an out of town ebgames that has one instock go to ur local store and talk to the manger if u give him the phone no of the location that has stock he should be able to get it shipped over to his store.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)