Looking for Tablet and Data Plan

• Last Updated:
  • Apr 3rd, 2019 3:34 pm
[OP]
Mar 30, 2019
13 posts
1 upvote

Looking for Tablet and Data Plan

Looking for a deal on an Android Tablet and a data plan. I don't need much data (1gb?). Not too worried about the quality of the tablet, will only be used for light internet browsing.
I missed out on the great deal in the Source last month and would love something similar. I am in BC if that helps. Thanks in advance
3 replies
Deal Guru
Jan 9, 2011
10630 posts
12872 upvotes
Vancouver
Fido, $15/month for 3GB. Free tablet on 2-year plan. The catch is you need to be an existing cellular subscriber. You can get a BYOP phone line to qualify and cancel it immediately after setting up the tablet plan, and keep the tablet plan. https://www.fido.ca/consumer/tablets
[OP]
Mar 30, 2019
13 posts
1 upvote
Thanks I will have a look at that, seems to be instore only? Would they allow me to open a BYOP line instore and cancel it there and then to get the tablet offer or would I wait till I have secured the tablet plan?
Deal Guru
Jan 9, 2011
10630 posts
12872 upvotes
Vancouver
EoinC81257 wrote: Thanks I will have a look at that, seems to be instore only? Would they allow me to open a BYOP line instore and cancel it there and then to get the tablet offer or would I wait till I have secured the tablet plan?
You need to have a working Fido postpaid line to get the Fido tablet plan, so make sure you don't cancel the phone line until you've secured the tablet line. Why not sign up for both in-store and cancel the phone line later.