• Dec 20th, 2022 3:02 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Dec 23, 2011
59 posts
24 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH

Looks like my SIM data become browse only

Got a tbytel sim, was good a couple of days ago. It is not expired both voice and data. data buckct sitll got 5Gb.

Today tried to connect voip phone, but it failed on mobile data, while on Wifi is okay.

But used Google, Youtube on mobile data, it is okay. Sounds just got Port 80 going?

Anyone had similar problem?

Thanks
6 replies
Jun 21, 2008
961 posts
441 upvotes
mississauga
Yep , mine was acting funny, so I ordered another SIM, both are browsing on Edge speed, called it in they said cos i'm in Toronto , roaming on Rogers, if problem worsens, to call tbaytel and they would escalate with rogers. I'm not renewing tbaytel so not bothering
[OP]
Dec 23, 2011
59 posts
24 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
Looks like they are blocking ports.
Actually my account was locked,i.e. I can not log on website.
I tried to get data by phone auto service, it says there are not available .
I guess they are forcing ppl to abandon ship.
Jun 21, 2008
961 posts
441 upvotes
mississauga
caibird wrote: Looks like they are blocking ports.
Actually my account was locked,i.e. I can not log on website.
I tried to get data by phone auto service, it says there are not available .
I guess they are forcing ppl to abandon ship.
sorry for the newby question but I love to learn. How do you unblock ports or is it done on their side?
[OP]
Dec 23, 2011
59 posts
24 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
jensen1 wrote: sorry for the newby question but I love to learn. How do you unblock ports or is it done on their side?
I didn't bother to talk to the CS,since my account is locked due to different user name,they noticed,LOL.

As for unlock, I guess you could set a Socks proxy, route all the traffic through Port 80,but I didn't bother, there used to be an app call Autoproxy .
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
38214 posts
24392 upvotes
Center of Universe
caibird wrote: I didn't bother to talk to the CS,since my account is locked due to different user name,they noticed,LOL.

As for unlock, I guess you could set a Socks proxy, route all the traffic through Port 80,but I didn't bother, there used to be an app call Autoproxy .
Do share…
[OP]
Dec 23, 2011
59 posts
24 upvotes
SCARBOROUGH
vkizzle wrote: Do share…
I am using other data provider now,so I will not set it up , and I am locked out from the user portal .LOL