Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2006
1200 posts
932 upvotes
Ottawa

Loop Energy LPEN TSX IPO thoughts?

I've been following their story for awhile, and Loop Energy out in BC is going IPO. Competitors in the fuel cell area Ballard and Plug Power have seen big increases lately, with Plug going big YTD. Any thoughts on getting in with a piece of Loop at the start?

https://ca.finance.yahoo.com/news/loop- ... 00970.html

https://loopenergy.com/news/
6 replies
Jun 2, 2020
998 posts
1064 upvotes
V5y1v1
I will be likely buying a small amount for the terrible reason that my partner works with them and it will give us a thing to chat about. High conviction right there.
Deal Fanatic
May 22, 2003
8184 posts
5054 upvotes
Vancouver
in 9 months of 2020 they had $350k in revenue and only $16.4 million in backorders. Very richly valued, but will still probably pop post-IPO with the current EV frenzy
Deal Fanatic
Aug 17, 2008
7394 posts
7599 upvotes
I haven't followed this since ^, but I looked the chart this morning because of the news announcement. Ouch. @jayoldschool & @PaddyM77101 Still in this? <Still believe in the story might be another way to ask this.>

VANCOUVER, British Columbia--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug. 17, 2021-- Loop Energy (TSX:LPEN), a developer and manufacturer of hydrogen fuel cell-based solutions, announces the placement of the order for the first eFlow™ powered Hydrogen Fuel Cell Systems under a commercial agreement with NGVI, a South Korean-based manufacturer of turn-key compressed natural gas and hydrogen fuel systems for transit and coach bus applications. This announcement is an important milestone for Loop Energy as it signifies accelerating adoption of the eFlow™ fuel cell platform within the transit bus market vertical as well as Loop Energy’s official entry into the highly dynamic zero-emission commercial vehicle market in South Korea.
Jun 2, 2020
998 posts
1064 upvotes
V5y1v1
MrMom wrote: I haven't followed this since ^, but I looked the chart this morning because of the news announcement. Ouch. @jayoldschool & @PaddyM77101 Still in this? <Still believe in the story might be another way to ask this.>

VANCOUVER, British Columbia--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Aug. 17, 2021-- Loop Energy (TSX:LPEN), a developer and manufacturer of hydrogen fuel cell-based solutions, announces the placement of the order for the first eFlow™ powered Hydrogen Fuel Cell Systems under a commercial agreement with NGVI, a South Korean-based manufacturer of turn-key compressed natural gas and hydrogen fuel systems for transit and coach bus applications. This announcement is an important milestone for Loop Energy as it signifies accelerating adoption of the eFlow™ fuel cell platform within the transit bus market vertical as well as Loop Energy’s official entry into the highly dynamic zero-emission commercial vehicle market in South Korea.
They’re on my watch list but I never pulled the trigger. Saved by my “never buy a stock within 1 year of IPO” rule. Unlike ABCL...
[OP]
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2006
1200 posts
932 upvotes
Ottawa
MrMom wrote: I haven't followed this since ^, but I looked the chart this morning because of the news announcement. Ouch. @jayoldschool & @PaddyM77101 Still in this? <Still believe in the story might be another way to ask this.>

Yeah, I'm still in, I'll just hold it and see what happens.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)