• Last Updated:
  • May 18th, 2019 5:06 pm
[OP]
Deal Addict
Jul 28, 2009
1370 posts
381 upvotes

Lorne Park - Mississauga

I'm new to the area and thinking about areas to move into. Lorne Park is one that I'm gravitating towards. What are thoughts on this area? Overall, it seems expensive but is beautiful and seems like it would hold value. What do you think?
11 replies
Deal Addict
Apr 14, 2017
1967 posts
618 upvotes
DT Calgary
It won’t lose value. If you can afford there and want to live there, buy there.
Banned
Aug 3, 2005
1235 posts
1166 upvotes
Cannot ever go wrong living in Lorne Park. Prime area of Mississauga....very prime.
Jul 2, 2018
262 posts
256 upvotes
It's a great area to be in. It all depends on why you want to be there and what other areas you are comparing it against.
Realtor + Investor
Dec 28, 2010
680 posts
282 upvotes
Toronto
RealtorInvestor wrote: It's a great area to be in. It all depends on why you want to be there and what other areas you are comparing it against.
Just to get more perspective, What would be the reasons? . We have been looking around same areas and everyone talks about good school district (even though many are ranked above LPSS in sauga) and affluent neighbourhood. But IMO, as far as walk score goes we would miss on so many things.
Dec 28, 2010
680 posts
282 upvotes
Toronto
Also to add to OPs. comment for being expensive , some listings are now going 25-30% off from peak of 2017 and some nice bungalows and land sizes if one can do a deal. So perhaps it's a good time , when people are paying 700k for 800sqft units up in the sky with added maintenance fees and parking cost etc.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2013
1595 posts
1803 upvotes
GTA
Karma2000 wrote: Also to add to OPs. comment for being expensive , some listings are now going 25-30% off from peak of 2017 and some nice bungalows and land sizes if one can do a deal. So perhaps it's a good time , when people are paying 700k for 800sqft units up in the sky with added maintenance fees and parking cost etc.
<Serious>
$800K gets you a 1/2 decent condo in the sky (if you're not downtown).

What does $800K get you in Lorne Park proper? A rusted out shack? When I did a search last year, you need at least $1.3M+ to be in a half decent home or don't bother. Mineola even more.

Heck, 1067 Albertson Cres, Mississauga sold for $1.24M a few days ago.. google streetview the address.
Dec 28, 2010
680 posts
282 upvotes
Toronto
I am just saying that Lorne Park is been commented as Rosedale of the west side, yet the prices are not that steep for a detached bungalow with good size land.
Yes, it will be close to 1.3-1.4M (there is one right next to LPSS right now - you can search)
It's not a apples /apples comparison, but the value here is not bad as compared to where the condo and townhouse market has gone now.

And a half decent condo with high maintenance fees, three levels of parking, elevator issues, bogus fire alarms might be a different lifestyle choice for someone with a family and looking for different.
Jun 6, 2018
95 posts
41 upvotes
Every neighborhood has pros and cons.
I moved out of Mississauga when all the condos were going in.
How close is the nearest industrial area? What do those industries do?
Any street racing in the area?
Has there been any hit and runs in the area?
Oh, and just for the record, the peel school board does NOT offer any sort of gifted program. On the possible chance that your offspring have advanced thinking compared to the general population.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2009
10750 posts
9117 upvotes
Lorne Park is a nice area overall. Sam McDadi lives there :)
Deal Addict
Mar 29, 2008
3474 posts
651 upvotes
hhuggles wrote: Every neighborhood has pros and cons.
I moved out of Mississauga when all the condos were going in.
How close is the nearest industrial area? What do those industries do?
Any street racing in the area?
Has there been any hit and runs in the area?
Oh, and just for the record, the peel school board does NOT offer any sort of gifted program. On the possible chance that your offspring have advanced thinking compared to the general population.
What do you mean? http://www.peelschools.org/parents/spec ... fault.aspx