Lost confidence in Amazon

[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 11, 2003
1495 posts
117 upvotes
GTA (West)

Lost confidence in Amazon

lol, I've lost all confidence I had in Amazon. They're shipping fake stuff from China and refurbs without correctly labelling as such.

Recently, I purchased a pair of RING sensors. Assumed they were new. It didnt mention anywhere they were otherwise. What I received were a sad case of class-C refurbs lol .. first off no RING box .. they were in a zip lock bag rofl .. then all the manuals were kinda .. had a sticky gluey crap on that .. and the magnetic sensors were clearly chipped off and broken off plastic but had been painted over!

I promptly returned them lol !

These days, I'm only relying on Amazon if I really need to buy something. Else I'm buying straight from the retailer and/or manufacturer directly. Sorry Aamazon, because of your greed you have lowered your standards!
Please thank me if you find this helpful
Thread Summary
OP didn't know how to use Amazon and had a bad experience with a third party marketplace seller.
48 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 7, 2016
1346 posts
612 upvotes
Ontario
Extremely common from amazon, that is why I rarely use it now. To many fakes and crap from there and prices in the .ca site aren't any better then elsewhere, just gotta look...
·Ï¢årµ§·
Deal Expert
Feb 24, 2018
16164 posts
17658 upvotes
Amazon is a marketplace to the world.

If you know how to use its services, it's a gem.
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2005
4018 posts
280 upvotes
Greater Toronto Area
redflagdealsguy wrote: Amazon is a marketplace to the world.

If you know how to use its services, it's a gem.
Wow I finally agree with you...usually the prime shipping items are authentic and new.Search the seller feedbacks,if its a weird unknown seller avoid.99% of my purchases in Amazon been great,when they have those lightning deals its even better.I notice their pricing is very compeititive.
Apr 25, 2020
140 posts
41 upvotes
Yeah, there are a lot of fake items on Amazon but in my case, just beware of which seller you're buying the item from. Some Chinese sellers create counterfeit items and trick the buyers with a lower price. I'm still buying on Amazon though. Just be extra careful with sellers and read reviews.
Mar 6, 2015
739 posts
55 upvotes
I was tricked too (a seller in China) but got the replacement item for free... The original item was about CDN$10 anyway so I think the seller was more concerned about me not complaining than taking money.
If the post or comment helps or delights you, please CLICK that LIKE BUTTON!😃
Meiji: Ambassador Swanbeck, I have concluded that your treaty is NOT in the best interests of my people. So sorry, but you may not.
Swanbeck: This is an outrage!
Deal Fanatic
Mar 12, 2005
9784 posts
1861 upvotes
Victoria
I think Amazon is two things. There's the stuff they sell themselves. You know that's probably going to be legit.

They are also a marketplace for anyone to sell their wares. If the price is too good to be true it probably is. Treat it like ebay, because it's not Amazon doing the selling, it's Amazon allowing their store to be used as storefront for other merchants.
Deal Fanatic
Aug 29, 2011
5797 posts
2924 upvotes
Mississauga
I only buy stuff that’s sold and fulfilled by Amazon. Never had an issue.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 28, 2007
8095 posts
4480 upvotes
Alberta
I only buy non electronic stuff from Amazon and only if I can't get it in a store. Way to much fake stuff sold on Amazon even when it's sold and shipped by them.
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2009
1128 posts
566 upvotes
Toronto
Be careful when buying Marketplace items from Amazon. But Shipped and Sold by Amazon stuff is legit.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 31, 2006
6685 posts
1554 upvotes
Toronto
doomhammer wrote: lol, I've lost all confidence I had in Amazon. They're shipping fake stuff from China and refurbs without correctly labelling as such.

Recently, I purchased a pair of RING sensors. Assumed they were new. It didnt mention anywhere they were otherwise. What I received were a sad case of class-C refurbs lol .. first off no RING box .. they were in a zip lock bag rofl .. then all the manuals were kinda .. had a sticky gluey crap on that .. and the magnetic sensors were clearly chipped off and broken off plastic but had been painted over!

These days, I'm only relying on Amazon if I really need to buy something. Else I'm buying straight from the retailer and/or manufacturer directly. Sorry Aamazon, because of your greed you have lowered your standards!
You did not buy from Amazon but Marketplace. I always make sure the item is listed as "FULFILLED by Amazon", which will ended up free if they ship the item "not stated in the ad. " Lol...
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
19777 posts
4381 upvotes
Burlington-Hamilton
Amazon is slowly turning into another eBay.
It's sad, really sad.

WHY should it be necessary to be constantly watching for fake reviews, scam sellers, counterfeit products, miscellaneous unknown China sellers, etc., on a huge well-known and "trusted" site like Amazon? If people want a flea market or wholesale market, that's where they will go.

I can only hope that our local businesses, spurred on by the coronavirus, will up their game and improve their online shopping offerings to take on Amazon.
If Amazon is forced to improve its practices, improve customer service, and deal with fakes and frauds properly, it's a win for everyone.
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2013
2226 posts
557 upvotes
Toronto
I’ve also noticed quality gone downhill ashamed that I’ve helped make bezos a trillionaire
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
19935 posts
5315 upvotes
Off the 404
They're also rolling back the bonus extra pay, yeah I think I'm done with Amazon.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 22, 2015
5684 posts
5086 upvotes
doomhammer wrote:
lol, I've lost all confidence I had in Amazon. They're shipping fake stuff from China and refurbs without correctly labelling as such.

Probably someone else's fradulent return, if you purchased it directly from Amazon.

Nothing to do with Amazon really... If anything, your post only shows that we should have confidence in Amazon... After all, they accepted your return and fixed the issue, no questions asked.

If you had ordered it anywhere else, you'd be SOL