Low Water Pressure - Kitchen Sink

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 21st, 2020 8:50 am
[OP]
Jun 6, 2009
673 posts
237 upvotes

Low Water Pressure - Kitchen Sink

I'm hoping that someone could help figure out whats wrong with my kitchen sink.

On Saturday morning, I was using the kitchen sink, when all of a sudden, it started to vibrate. I turned the kitchen sink off, and on again, but the vibrating happened again for a few more seconds. After a few times, it stopped vibrating but the water pressure/flow from the sink is definitely very weak. It is the same whether or not it is hot/cold water.

The water pressure in the rest of the house is completely normal. I did try to purge the water lines of any air by shutting off the main water valve, and then opening all the taps/showers, and then turning the main water valve back on. I then shut off all the taps, starting from the one furthest away. Unfortunately, I did that twice and it didn't do anything.

The type of kitchen sink faucet is the pull down sprayhead type. Unfortunately I don't know the brand.

Hope someone can shed some light on possible solutions! Thanks in advance!
3 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2005
4743 posts
2003 upvotes
WFH
That will be the diverter valve for the sprayer.
Deal Guru
Jan 11, 2004
10097 posts
964 upvotes
Toronto
Replace entire faucet or it could be the aerator could be clogged.
"When operating the viewfinder diopter control with your eye to the viewfinder, care should be taken not to put your finger in your eye accidentally."
Deal Fanatic
Oct 12, 2007
7580 posts
5746 upvotes
Ottawa
Did you remove the aerator? Years ago, I had a similar experience and it turned out to be the hot water supply shut-off valve had a rubber washer that fell apart and clogged the sink aerator.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)