Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
3613 posts
2255 upvotes
Edmonton

Lowe’s Doesn’t Honour Price Match

I’m kind of a stickler for detail so read all the terms and conditions to make sure that I am in compliance.

https://www.lowes.ca/customer-service/p ... licy-terms

Was in the market for some appliances. Went to Lowe’s and then across the street to Home Depot. Home Depot had a sale price on some appliances I was interested in & also carried at a higher price at Lowe’s. No, this was not a clearance or “last one” or anything like that.

I thought that I would just take a pic of the HD price & that would be good. No dice. The pic had all details including make, model, model number, expiry date of sale price, etc.

The position of Lowe’s was that the only way that they would honour a price match is if they could bring up the price on a website. This is contrary to their policy as their policy makes reference to price matching at brick & mortar stores.

I suggested that they could call HD to verify but they refused. Customer service got all stupid on me spewing things like my ad was expired (dumb ass girl didn’t even know the correct date) and other things. You could tell they were grasping at straws.

I asked them to take a look at the their own policy but they had no interest in doing so & just kept repeating their robotic nonsense.

I even called customer service and when engaging with the rep about price match, the idiot actually told me that he has never read the policy.

The icing on the cake is that this Lowe’s has paper plastered all over their appliance section advertising, get this, “no hassle” price match.

I know that a lot of people here had bad experience with Best Buy’s price match but it looks like Lowe’s wants to excel in this area.

This is a complete marketing scam.
Images
  • 8E22B21D-5CE1-48F9-9FC9-10FDD4A79868.jpeg
4 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2013
2682 posts
1351 upvotes
B.C.
I had a similar experience. They price matched but mangled the pricing - they took the Home Depot price and subtracted 2.5%. The employee couldn't figure out how to flip pages on the online flyer. It was brutal!I called the store and spoke with a manager and they apologized.

Next time I went to a different lowes and it was no hassle at all.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2017
2695 posts
2287 upvotes
K-W/Guelph
Yeah Lowe's price matching is like pulling teeth. I was trying to price match some Vileda Ultramax mop heads online from Canadian Tire and they refused to price match because the picture of the item wasn't EXACTLY like their's. This was despite the fact that the item description was the same. Also when I emailed them back to complain and sent another listing (this time from the Superstore) of the item with the same picture they just ignored me! The best part of this entire conversation was the condescending email they sent where they said they only price match items with the exact same picture. Great job Lowe's such a good business.
Deal Addict
Dec 3, 2017
2695 posts
2287 upvotes
K-W/Guelph
lennyandcarl wrote: I had a similar experience. They price matched but mangled the pricing - they took the Home Depot price and subtracted 2.5%. The employee couldn't figure out how to flip pages on the online flyer. It was brutal!I called the store and spoke with a manager and they apologized.

Next time I went to a different lowes and it was no hassle at all.
I have a friend who works at Lowe's and he says that they sometimes hire some of the dumbest people you can find.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2007
3613 posts
2255 upvotes
Edmonton
So I contacted the store manager by e-mail with a detailed e-mail of what happened, asking if he could comment/confirm the situation.

Ignored, no response.

I also contacted Lowe’s Canada via social media & was told that my concerns were relayed to store management, asking them to look into it.

Ignored, no further response.

Silence speaks volumes.

I was told on social media and also on the phone that it was at the sole discretion of the store if they want to honour the price match policy. Huh?