None
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
5310 posts
479 upvotes
Vancouver
loriblum wrote:
May 20th, 2015 1:15 pm
After 20+ years in the industry, I would never think to shun another agent/buyer/seller/prospective client. I pride myself on my way of conducting myself in business and in life :)
In Toronto, it takes about 2 to 3 years to get a full real estate licence for residential trading services, right?
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2010
1383 posts
674 upvotes
GTA
popbottle wrote:
May 20th, 2015 1:16 pm
In Toronto, it takes about 2 to 3 years to get a full real estate licence for residential trading services, right?
It has been a long time since I received my license but you might be correct. There is an articling period of 2 years, if I remember correctly. I am qualified and work equally in both residential and commercial and I believe there has been a change in that regard where realtors are only able to focus on one stream. Again, it has been a while so I'm not certain.
Award Winning Realtor - I LOVE MY JOB!!
At the end of the day, you're the boss and need to make sure I'm worth your rate of pay!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
5310 posts
479 upvotes
Vancouver
loriblum wrote:
May 20th, 2015 1:21 pm
It has been a long time since I received my license but you might be correct. There is an articling period of 2 years, if I remember correctly.
Exactly, I looked it up. So in Toronto realtors have more training than those in Vancouver. However in Vancouver, the math required is so difficult that many of the tutorial courses for the trading course focus on math rather than the law. There is a course one of my friends refers to as the 'dog poop course' -- That's because the course she took was a well written online course, and in the chapter about 'trespass', they talked about what type of trespass dog poop is.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2010
1383 posts
674 upvotes
GTA
popbottle wrote:
May 20th, 2015 1:23 pm
Exactly, I looked it up. So in Toronto realtors have more training than those in Vancouver. However in Vancouver, the math required is so difficult that many of the tutorial courses for the trading course focus on math rather than the law. There is a course one of my friends refers to as the 'dog poop course' -- That's because the course she took was a well written online course, and in the chapter about 'trespass', they talked about what type of trespass dog poop is.
Interesting. Not sure I have heard that one, but there are several fluff courses available that we still need to take every two years to maintain our license. Some of valuable and some are not. Just like many post-secondary courses required for certain degrees.
At the end of the day, you're the boss and need to make sure I'm worth your rate of pay!
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1184 posts
149 upvotes
Quick shout out to loriblum who helped me out with some sales data and comparable for my area. Thanks again
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
13574 posts
3628 upvotes
Here 'n There
You can start the real estate course in Ontario without even having finished high school or reaching the age of 18. A few months of courses and $2,000 and you are qualified.

I'm doing the course just for fun right now and have to say that the real estate course makes the bird courses I took in university look like rocket science.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2010
1383 posts
674 upvotes
GTA
camzie wrote:
May 20th, 2015 1:44 pm
Quick shout out to loriblum who helped me out with some sales data and comparable for my area. Thanks again
Thank you so much :) .

T'was a pleasure assisting you with your real estate needs!
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
13574 posts
3628 upvotes
Here 'n There
camzie wrote:
May 20th, 2015 1:44 pm
Any agent will give you sales data and comparables. In fact they constantly bang down people's doors offering that on a 'complimentary' basis as that's part of their marketing of themselves. They hope you will then think of them when you either list your home and/or are looking to buy one.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
5310 posts
479 upvotes
Vancouver
loriblum wrote:
May 20th, 2015 1:27 pm
Interesting. Not sure I have heard that one, but there are several fluff courses available that we still need to take every two years to maintain our license. Some of valuable and some are not. Just like many post-secondary courses required for certain degrees.
Yes, that is required in Vancouver too - every 2 years, some refresher courses. Also you are right , in Ontario it takes over 2 years to get a full license
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
5310 posts
479 upvotes
Vancouver
loriblum wrote:
May 20th, 2015 2:11 pm
Thank you so much :) .

T'was a pleasure assisting you with your real estate needs!
Camzie is a shining beacon of culture and sophistication, with radiance(American Wedding, 2003). Hats off to the two of you.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2010
1383 posts
674 upvotes
GTA
popbottle wrote:
May 20th, 2015 8:02 pm
Camzie is a shining beacon of culture and sophistication, with radiance(American Wedding, 2003). Hats off to the two of you.
I appreciate that you acknowledged my effort in assisting someone whom I have no affiliation with and have no intention of soliciting. It truly shows a person's character in the comments they choose to make, especially in a forum of strangers. So again, much appreciated and kudos to you for having tact.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
13574 posts
3628 upvotes
Here 'n There
loriblum wrote:
May 20th, 2015 8:26 pm
I appreciate that you acknowledged my effort in assisting someone whom I have no affiliation with and have no intention of soliciting. It truly shows a person's character in the comments they choose to make, especially in a forum of strangers. So again, much appreciated and kudos to you for having tact.
If you had 'no intention of soliciting' anyone as a client you wouldn't be posting that you are an award winning realtor and where you work on your signature line. There would be no need. Res ispa loquitor.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
5310 posts
479 upvotes
Vancouver
loriblum wrote:
May 20th, 2015 8:26 pm
G'day mate!! No pro. In Canada you're allowed assist people without having other plans.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2010
1383 posts
674 upvotes
GTA
eonibm wrote:
May 20th, 2015 8:35 pm
If you had 'no intention of soliciting' anyone as a client you wouldn't be posting that you are an award winning realtor and where you work on every comment you make. There would be no need. Res ispa loquitor.
I was not engaging in any sort of banter with you and prefer if you did the same. A little respect goes a long way. Please take a hint.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
13574 posts
3628 upvotes
Here 'n There
loriblum wrote:
May 20th, 2015 8:39 pm
I was not engaging in any sort of banter with you and prefer if you did the same. A little respect goes a long way. Please take a hint.
It is a very simple question made with the utmost respect and one that many of us reading this thread are wondering. You are contradicting yourself and what you are saying and doing deserves an explanation.

As for 'banter', I am sorry but I think anyone is free to comment on anything anyone says. The thread does not work in a manner that only certain people are allowed to comment. If you don't want to engage in this meaningful discussion that is up to you, but you have.