None
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
5310 posts
480 upvotes
Vancouver
loriblum wrote:
May 20th, 2015 8:39 pm
I was not engaging in any sort of banter with you and prefer if you did the same. A little respect goes a long way. Please take a hint.
Makes sense, also I haven't seen you post foreign languages either
Deal Addict
Jun 29, 2007
4316 posts
1100 upvotes
eonibm wrote:
May 20th, 2015 8:49 pm
I am sorry but I think anyone is free to comment on anything anyone says. The thread does not work in a manner that only certain people are allowed to comment. If you don't want to engage in this meaningful discussion that is up to you, but you have.
LOL. :facepalm: good one. This is coming from eonibm who jumps all over anybody that has a slightly different point of view.

"Please take a hint." Please let me translate. It means "Go take a hike". LOL. :D
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
13813 posts
3878 upvotes
Here 'n There
Speedy1 wrote:
May 20th, 2015 11:50 pm
LOL. :facepalm: good one. This is coming from eonibm who jumps all over anybody that has a slightly different point of view.

"Please take a hint." Please let me translate. It means "Go take a hike". LOL. :D
Anyone would question a real estate agent who claims not to be soliciting clients yet at the same time puts their occupation, the fact that they are a top realtor, that they love their job and exactly where they work on the signature line of every comment they make. That's called, um, advertising and soliciting. So, it was a reasonable question, but of course I won't ask a second time as silence speaks volumes....

Btw, my different point of view is 'jumping all over anybody' just as much as anyone else's differing point of view is 'jumping all over anybody'. Also, I do not talk out of both sides of my mouth at the same time and I am prepared to back up any statements and points of views I make when asked. That's a HUGE difference.
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
5310 posts
480 upvotes
Vancouver
Speedy1 wrote:
May 20th, 2015 11:50 pm

+1 with a wax seal in agreement. accusations of soliciting are uncalled for
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2010
1396 posts
677 upvotes
GTA
popbottle wrote:
May 21st, 2015 10:05 am
+1 with a wax seal in agreement. accusations of soliciting are uncalled for

Aww, thanks guys! :) I appreciate that you can understand the difference between actively soliciting one's "opinion" (wink, wink) by spreading it multiple times repeatedly all across this forum vs being approached by strangers and assisting them from the goodness of my heart. For free.

It takes a smart person to see the difference between the two and as long as anyone else on this board knows that they can APPROACH ME (yes, that is bolded so as to drive home the point that active solicitation is the opposite of having pride in one's choice of employment) by using my contact info at the bottom of my posts, then I am more than happy to assist, free of charge, wherever possible.
Award Winning Realtor - I LOVE MY JOB!!
At the end of the day, you're the boss and need to make sure I'm worth your rate of pay!
Deal Addict
Nov 26, 2003
1184 posts
151 upvotes
For the record I was very upfront with the fact that I am selling my home privately with a flat rate MLS listing and asked for records that can only be obtained from a realtor through TREB. If I could look it up myself I would have.

Yes I could have invited any realtor into my home on pretence and obtained the information that way, but I chose not to waste anyone's time.

loriblum did not have to provided me with anything, but in gratitude for the information I thanked her. Nothing more to the story here.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2010
1396 posts
677 upvotes
GTA
camzie wrote:
May 21st, 2015 10:25 am
For the record I was very upfront with the fact that I am selling my home privately with a flat rate MLS listing and asked for records that can only be obtained from a realtor through TREB. If I could look it up myself I would have.

Yes I could have invited any realtor into my home on pretence and obtained the information that way, but I chose not to waste anyone's time.

loriblum did not have to provided me with anything, but in gratitude for the information I thanked her. Nothing more to the story here.
And I would be happy to help you again anytime! Best of luck with your sale... I hope you get more than you want for your house and that the process is simple and easy!! :)
At the end of the day, you're the boss and need to make sure I'm worth your rate of pay!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
5310 posts
480 upvotes
Vancouver
loriblum wrote:
May 21st, 2015 10:24 am
Aww, thanks guys! :) I appreciate that you can understand the difference between actively soliciting one's "opinion" (wink, wink) by spreading it multiple times repeatedly all across this forum vs being approached by strangers and assisting them from the goodness of my heart. For free.

It takes a smart person to see the difference between the two and as long as anyone else on this board knows that they can APPROACH ME (yes, that is bolded so as to drive home the point that active solicitation is the opposite of having pride in one's choice of employment) by using my contact info at the bottom of my posts, then I am more than happy to assist, free of charge, wherever possible.
Exaxctly, also you forgot to mention that you are required to follow a code of ethics as part of being licenced.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2010
1396 posts
677 upvotes
GTA
popbottle wrote:
May 21st, 2015 10:39 am
Exaxctly, also you forgot to mention that you are required to follow a code of ethics as part of being licenced.
True, as well! I am just happy to help regardless! :)
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
13813 posts
3878 upvotes
Here 'n There
camzie wrote:

Even though my leaning is towards listing my home with a flat rate MLS listing and executing an even better marketing plan than real estate agents do (better pictures, better brochure, no needless open houses with nosey neighbours and tire kickers snooping around, same bidding war strategies, etc) as noted in my first post, I am very open-minded and do not waste any agents time. They all beg to give me a presentation even though I tell them I will likely continue to do a flat rate listing like I have in the past. So, they are coming in with my full disclosure which is the only way I ever operate in business and in my personal life. That is not wasting anyone's time. It is their choice to invest some time meeting with me, not mine. I respect the fact that they at least want to try to change my mind and are aggressive getting clients. It looks better on them for sure. They also realize I am well known in the community and a savvy real estate investor and owner and perhaps have friends and acquaintances who may not want to do what I do and therefore may refer them clients. Any mindshare is good for real estate agents to acquire. Of course the agent who gave you the info on here realizes that. That's all a part of their marketing plan. Marketing 101!

Btw, I am still getting fridge magnets, note pads, free home magazine subscriptions, etc. from real estate agents I first met 25 years ago and never used. They still keep in touch by calling on the phone too. Again, Marketing 101!
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
5310 posts
480 upvotes
Vancouver
camzie wrote:

You have a good head on your shoulders and follow the correct procedures
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
13813 posts
3878 upvotes
Here 'n There
Bringing people in who are just tire-kickers and nosey neighbours achieves nothing. MLS's own studies show less than 2% purchase a home as a result of a listing, even fewer now during these bidding wars. Also, since everyone uses MLS to search for homes anyway or sees a sign they all want to see the home without strangers milling around and any agent worth their salt will show it to them on this basis.

Real estate agents have admitted to me that open houses are really to market themselves, not the home. It's a big urban myth and old wives tale these days that open houses matter so don't bother with them. They are useless and just self-promotion vehicles for the agent to acquire new clients and get their name out there. The client is going to find out about the home and see it privately anyway. Just think about it. It makes total sense not to do them. Real estate agents' open houses are a different animal totally though as I urge in my handy marketing guide in post #1 they are worth doing because that allows all agents who are interested in seeing the house to see it without having to do multiple different one.

It was different in the past when people did not have online access to what is available. Times have changed. Don't live in the past and ignore the fact technology has changed everything.
Deal Addict
Dec 21, 2010
1396 posts
677 upvotes
GTA
Lather, rinse and repeat.

Yawn.

Happy Thursday everyone :)
[OP]
Deal Guru
Aug 2, 2010
13813 posts
3878 upvotes
Here 'n There
To clarify and drive home the point, clients are going to see the home privately anyway as their agents will ensure that that happens and the client will want to without others in the home milling around. Common sense dictates that having an open house adds nothing to that.

Lather rinse repeat...

Sorry to burst so many bubbles here but "times they are a changin'" (to quote a famous songwriter/singer).
Deal Fanatic
Apr 20, 2011
5310 posts
480 upvotes
Vancouver
loriblum wrote:
May 21st, 2015 11:42 am
Lather, rinse and repeat.

Yawn.

Happy Thursday everyone :)
I hereby second the motion