• Last Updated:
  • Jan 7th, 2023 11:01 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2009
1089 posts
2237 upvotes

[Lowe's] 10% from Lowe’s due to software change to Rona system

We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience our technological changes has caused.
As a thank you, we are offering a
10% discountor yournost purchase:
See conditions below.
Visit one of our other nearby Lowe's or RONA stores tonight or check back with us tomorrow.
Thank you for understanding,
Management
10% STORE CONVERSION - NOVEMBER 15TH TO FEBRUARY 28, 2023
Images
  • 52EC0F8A-83F0-4514-8709-A48FFC3D7F5F.jpeg
Last edited by TomRFD on Dec 14th, 2022 12:24 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: updated retailer name
20 replies
Aug 14, 2019
612 posts
845 upvotes
most electronics, appliances and even lumber are excluded, and doesn't stack with items on sale... also seems like its targeted?
what's the deal here?
Jan 1, 2005
255 posts
139 upvotes
UnexpectedToken wrote: most electronics, appliances and even lumber are excluded, and doesn't stack with items on sale... also seems like its targeted?
what's the deal here?
Well, it's sort of weird, they were in the process of changing to the RONA purchase and inventory systems, then Lowes went bananas and sold all the RONAs and Lowes locations in Canada. I guess the coupon (probably the same as the employee discount) was aimed at contracors who were annoyed with the change?
Remember me when you're pooping.
Deal Addict
Mar 20, 2004
4574 posts
1586 upvotes
Mississauga
No special order.
So I can't use this on a snowblower unless it's in stock.
Deal Addict
Jul 5, 2005
3835 posts
1705 upvotes
Toronto
Signature footprint on flyer to show distaste of all exclusions!
Oct 17, 2018
61 posts
35 upvotes
Has anyone tried this coupon yet?
Do we need an up close photo of the barcode or just showing them this is good enough?
Oct 29, 2010
471 posts
723 upvotes
Quebec
nik wrote: Well, it's sort of weird, they were in the process of changing to the RONA purchase and inventory systems, then Lowes went bananas and sold all the RONAs and Lowes locations in Canada. I guess the coupon (probably the same as the employee discount) was aimed at contracors who were annoyed with the change?
Naw gotta be something else.
Anyway all Lowes in Canada will rename to Rona.
Deal Guru
May 1, 2012
10424 posts
11100 upvotes
Toronto
Upvote OP for sharing the coupon.

But the customer service and price matching at Lowe's is absolute trash and they should be ashamed. The fact they lost billions of dollars in Canada and basically tucked tail and ran off, good riddance.
Nov 2, 2018
387 posts
202 upvotes
Slightly off topic…I have an in store credit at Lowes. Any idea if they’re still gona accept it since they got bought by Rona? My local store never picks up the phone
Apr 9, 2019
124 posts
112 upvotes
UnexpectedToken wrote: most electronics, appliances and even lumber are excluded, and doesn't stack with items on sale... also seems like its targeted?
what's the deal here?
FYI., the Lowes "$10 off $50 " email signup coupon works on lumber, drywall, electrical etc.. A lot of things that the fine print said it shouldn't. Saved a good chunk of money from that when i reno'd my basement in 2020.
Aug 9, 2010
508 posts
445 upvotes
Anikiri wrote: Upvote OP for sharing the coupon.

But the customer service and price matching at Lowe's is absolute trash and they should be ashamed. The fact they lost billions of dollars in Canada and basically tucked tail and ran off, good riddance.
I call them BLowes for a reason.

Lowes has always been the closest hardware store for me and I'll purposely drive past it to go to HD because Lowes is so terrible. Their customer service sucks and is basically non-existent, their selection is awful, their price match policy isn't as good as HD and they hardly ever have what I need.

Hasta la vista, BLowes.
Dec 23, 2017
269 posts
233 upvotes
I'm stuck with a 140$ gift card from lowes, wish it was HD
Deal Addict
Jan 10, 2004
4649 posts
2226 upvotes
Edmonton
battleponcho wrote: FYI., the Lowes "$10 off $50 " email signup coupon works on lumber, drywall, electrical etc.. A lot of things that the fine print said it shouldn't. Saved a good chunk of money from that when i reno'd my basement in 2020.
Up until recently, I was using those 10% coupons for pretty much any order (including clearance). Then recently it stopped working for clearance. (And never worked at Rona for clearance). So, guessing things are changing.

Lowes has never been a great store, but its the closest to us. Course, when it was Rona it was terrible for customer service. Lowes at least improved that part. Still though, I prefer HD if I had my choice.
Sep 26, 2011
397 posts
517 upvotes
Nemrod wrote: I call them BLowes for a reason.
I always called them gRONA-BLowes because Rona often made me groan, too. Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
1042 posts
423 upvotes
Mississauga
Do you think I can use this coupon and buy a Chamberlain garage door opener in which is on sales for $339?
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2017
1141 posts
1149 upvotes
appleaddict6 wrote: Slightly off topic…I have an in store credit at Lowes. Any idea if they’re still gona accept it since they got bought by Rona? My local store never picks up the phone
They didn’t get bought by Rona, Lowes sold the Lowes Canada and Rona division. I would just plan to use the in store credit sooner rather than later. I personally wouldn’t sleep well at night having it unused going into a period of uncertainty with this company.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Feb 27, 2009
1089 posts
2237 upvotes
pcbc168 wrote: Do you think I can use this coupon and buy a Chamberlain garage door opener in which is on sales for $339?
Yes
Deal Addict
Nov 29, 2006
1042 posts
423 upvotes
Mississauga
Does this coupon work in the Rona store?
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2019
2505 posts
3283 upvotes
Nemrod wrote: I call them BLowes for a reason.

Lowes has always been the closest hardware store for me and I'll purposely drive past it to go to HD because Lowes is so terrible. Their customer service sucks and is basically non-existent, their selection is awful, their price match policy isn't as good as HD and they hardly ever have what I need.

Hasta la vista, BLowes.
+1

Customer service is terrible. Price matching, ugh, any excuse they'll use to not PM. HD on the other hand, returns without receipts, take back everything after 30, 60 whatever days and if not they give you store credit. PM'ing is very easy at HD, cashiers just look at it and PM. Easy peasy HD.
Deal Addict
Jan 31, 2022
1140 posts
1740 upvotes
Any excuse to have a sale is reason to have a sale said a very successful retailer.