• Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2023 3:19 pm
34 replies
Deal Addict
Jan 17, 2009
4130 posts
4357 upvotes
Toronto, Ontario
whoisurhero wrote: $100 off is clearance these days?
Don't see Ego stuff on sale much.
Mar 18, 2022
16 posts
24 upvotes
Ecsta wrote: Don't see Ego stuff on sale much.
Ah yeah, never heard of it but seems like they have decent reviews and prices. Only issue would be battery longevity depending how big of a driveway you have.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2017
1151 posts
1162 upvotes
Thanks op, I guess Lowes Rona as a “new” company have way too much inventory, they’ve had a few decent clearances on normal SKUs, worth a visit to your local store at the moment. This isn’t good enough for me yet as the $799 earlier in the season came with a “free” $200 blower
Feb 13, 2021
560 posts
561 upvotes
I watched a video review. The two batteries are $400 each!! My Ariens blower will still have parts available 10 yrs from now, I'm not so sure about EGO.
Sep 25, 2015
572 posts
1224 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Save your hard earned money. It’s already January and there is no snow in the forecast for the next 2 weeks in gta. With climate change accelerating who know if we will see significant snow next year. In a decade, these may become paperweights taking up space in your garage due to lack of snow, regardless of part availability.
Dec 26, 2015
664 posts
486 upvotes
Manitoba
RedStrikeCa wrote: Save your hard earned money. It’s already January and there is no snow in the forecast for the next 2 weeks in gta. With climate change accelerating who know if we will see significant snow next year. In a decade, these may become paperweights taking up space in your garage due to lack of snow, regardless of part availability.
Believe it or not, not everyone lives in the GTA.

The rest of Canada gets more snow than you do
Dec 26, 2015
664 posts
486 upvotes
Manitoba
chris416yyz wrote: Thanks op, I guess Lowes Rona as a “new” company have way too much inventory, they’ve had a few decent clearances on normal SKUs, worth a visit to your local store at the moment. This isn’t good enough for me yet as the $799 earlier in the season came with a “free” $200 blower
Same I took advantage of that deal. They ended up screwing something up and gave me 2 leaf blowers. Called me a month after pickup telling me my leaf blower was ready for pickup lol. so I kept one and sold one.

So far, love my Ego. Has been worthwhile with my Winnipeg winters
Nov 30, 2005
467 posts
347 upvotes
North York
Veeshmack wrote: Believe it or not, not everyone lives in the GTA.

The rest of Canada gets more snow than you do
Well I sold mi ne last year for pine 200 for 2 stage since it just sitting therefor 3 years
. I probably used it like 4 times .. seems like less and less "snoe" days these days .. there some teenagers that goes around neighbourhood and I just pay them cash to shovel when needed.help them pays for Nike shoes lol
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
28751 posts
9353 upvotes
Hamilton
MrDiscount wrote: Well I sold mi ne last year for pine 200 for 2 stage since it just sitting therefor 3 years
. I probably used it like 4 times .. seems like less and less "snoe" days these days .. there some teenagers that goes around neighbourhood and I just pay them cash to shovel when needed.help them pays for Nike shoes lol
Nike shoes comment killed me lol

Imagine just doing 10-15 houses, and there, your Nike shoes.
hated on but respected.
Apr 13, 2010
331 posts
724 upvotes
whoisurhero wrote: Ah yeah, never heard of it but seems like they have decent reviews and prices. Only issue would be battery longevity depending how big of a driveway you have.
I can get through our super long rural driveway on a single charge from a pair of 7.5 Ah packs, but only if I have the auger turned all the way down so it's not pushing them too hard in the cold.

Overall, if you want to pay extra to stop burning gas, it works well enough, and it's much nicer than the big 28" blower it replaced that had no differential on the wheels, so you just had to drag it to turn.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2017
1428 posts
1271 upvotes
Edmonton, AB
Saw a [handheld 56V 530 CFM blower with 2.5AH battery + charger] opened box/display model for $299 but didn't go for it. Not much of a savings, I remember it going for $329.99 on a deal they had during early Fall. Maybe there will be better deals on the handhelds, I'll have to keep going in to check every couple days or something.
May 6, 2016
452 posts
186 upvotes
Whitby
Was hoping the ego shovel attachment was on sale too but no luck. Looking to pick one up to use with milwaukee trimmer power head. Surprisingly milwaukee came out with the various attachments but didn't include a power shovel
Apr 21, 2008
372 posts
490 upvotes
$100 is $100.

When I bought mine in 2021, all I had was a $10 Sign-up coupon on a $1199.00 snow blower.

Still the best machine tho.

Works when my neighbors' monster gas powered blowers don't start up.

(3 car wide driveway. Don't wait for the snow to pile up, run early and often to make quick easy work)
Nov 30, 2005
467 posts
347 upvotes
North York
yao416 wrote: Nike shoes comment killed me lol

Imagine just doing 10-15 houses, and there, your Nike shoes.
10-15 houses? Man thrse kids want $60 a pop.. I used to do it for $20 back in my prime lol..inflation
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
28751 posts
9353 upvotes
Hamilton
MrDiscount wrote: 10-15 houses? Man thrse kids want $60 a pop.. I used to do it for $20 back in my prime lol..inflation
Really? $60 now???!???
hated on but respected.
Deal Expert
Mar 22, 2007
28751 posts
9353 upvotes
Hamilton
BoombasticSloth wrote: I did my neighbors for $40 last month.
Haha. Did they ask or you offered?

$40 is pretty sweet, gotta pay for the machine somehow
hated on but respected.
Jul 10, 2019
223 posts
233 upvotes
I moved into the Ego ecosystem 6 yrs ago. They were around longer than that. Took small steps but have now embraced the product fully.

Finally got to try a single stage ego w/ the metal auger. Was impressed how well it handled a foot of snow. The dual stage is a bit rich for my blood, but one of the 3 single stage options is on my radar.

My mower, leaf blower, weed Wacker, hedge trimmer and chainsaw have all worked flawlessly.

They make an excellent product.