Hot Deals

[Lowe's] $22.99: ORTHO 1L Killex Concentrate (in-store)

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 13th, 2021 11:02 pm
[OP]
Sep 5, 2015
232 posts
716 upvotes
Calgary, AB

[Lowe's] $22.99: ORTHO 1L Killex Concentrate (in-store)

$22.99: ORTHO 1L Killex Concentrate (in-store)

2,4-D formula.

https://www.lowes.ca/product/weed-grass ... ate-263636
50 replies
Dec 10, 2003
87 posts
69 upvotes
This is basically regular price…
Deal Addict
Mar 30, 2004
2345 posts
1066 upvotes
Edmonton
cncpun wrote: This is basically regular price…
Uhhhh, no. This is the concentrated version.
The bitterness of poor quality remains long after the sweetness of low price is forgotten....
Penalty Box
Jan 1, 2018
201 posts
304 upvotes
mathewvc wrote: Not available in Ontario

It's illegal to use here. Buy par 3 or 3 way premium xp on eBay or off a farmer.
Oct 23, 2012
119 posts
8 upvotes
Dang… was hoping i could grab a bottle to deal woth my clover issue. Ontario laws.. ugh.
Dec 10, 2003
87 posts
69 upvotes
walleye*guy wrote: Uhhhh, no. This is the concentrated version.
Sure it is. But it’s still regular price for it. What are you trying to get at?
Aug 27, 2018
41 posts
52 upvotes
Is this product only available in Alberta and BC ?
Feb 14, 2016
56 posts
40 upvotes
WizzChris wrote: Dang… was hoping i could grab a bottle to deal woth my clover issue. Ontario laws.. ugh.
Clovers are beneficial for nitrification, they're not weeds.
Deal Addict
Mar 13, 2008
3318 posts
3973 upvotes
Oakville
I have this bottle, but I always mix too much and it kills the grass.

I don't have a measuring cup and I am not educated.

Can someone give me the 5 year olds elementary explanation how to use this product.

Sometimes I find myself trapped in elevators, so be really slow with your explanation.
-ZdpZ... ;)
Dec 10, 2003
87 posts
69 upvotes
zdpz wrote: I have this bottle, but I always mix too much and it kills the grass.

Can someone give me the 5 year olds elementary explanation how to use this product.

Sometimes I find myself trapped in elevators, so be really slow with your explanation.
The cap is a measuring cup. Look inside there are mL and oz lines there. Mix with water as per instructions on bottle under the peel back label. It’s a tiny amount to mix. Like 30 ml per 1 litre of water or something really low like that. You don’t want it to strong as it kills too quick before the root can absorb it all.
Feb 27, 2004
273 posts
212 upvotes
zdpz wrote: I have this bottle, but I always mix too much and it kills the grass.

Just buy this and set it to setting 6.
Done and done.
https://www.rona.ca/en/scotts-miracle-g ... lsrc=aw.ds
Deal Addict
Nov 2, 2012
2623 posts
3806 upvotes
Is this stuff safe around trees and tree roots?

I've got 2 cherry, 2 apple, and 2 pear trees. Tons of weeds around them. Don't really have a lawn in the front or back so that doesn't matter to me. I just don't want to harm the trees or end up with like tainted fruit or something.
Nov 18, 2013
145 posts
145 upvotes
Calgary
Price match at Home Depot and you’ll get another 10% off
Deal Fanatic
May 17, 2006
6764 posts
2554 upvotes
GTA

100ml per 5L

Looks like ortho recommends based on coverage of area:

"Mix 6 mL per litre of water to treat 5 square metres (50 square feet). May also use with the Scotts Dial 'N Spray® Hose-End Sprayer."

PARIII usually says 100ml per 5L
Sep 14, 2007
906 posts
321 upvotes
Caerus wrote: Is this stuff safe around trees and tree roots?

I've got 2 cherry, 2 apple, and 2 pear trees. Tons of weeds around them. Don't really have a lawn in the front or back so that doesn't matter to me. I just don't want to harm the trees or end up with like tainted fruit or something.
Don't use it, this stuff is basically poison
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2008
4959 posts
1839 upvotes
KevinT277396 wrote: It's illegal to use here. Buy par 3 or 3 way premium xp on eBay or off a farmer.
The packets I bought off ebay ... White granular particles dissolved in water (I use a leftover empty spray bottle) ... Works great.

Always have the good "illegal but legal on golf course" stuff in case the damn weeds get out of control.

IMG_20210428_132908.jpg
16'x11' Living Room 11' Cathedral Ceiling. Hisense 65Q8G. Denon AVR-S740H 7.2 setup. Jamo Classic 10 280W Towers - FR+FL; Polk S35 - Center; Klipsch R51M - RR+RL; Klipsch R14M - Dolby FHR+FHL; Polk HTS10 Subwoofer x2. Unlocked Android Boxes from Taiwan x2
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
17163 posts
9905 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
porksoda wrote: 100ml per 5L

Looks like ortho recommends based on coverage of area:

"Mix 6 mL per litre of water to treat 5 square metres (50 square feet). May also use with the Scotts Dial 'N Spray® Hose-End Sprayer."

PARIII usually says 100ml per 5L
NOTE> Par3 has twice the concentration in the concentrate than Killex... I would however, do the recommended dosing before increasing it by any amount. After all, if you can kill what you need with a little bit, why waste a lot of it?