Expired Hot Deals

Lowe's

$22.99: ORTHO 1L Killex Concentrate (in-store)

• Last Updated:
  • Aug 27th, 2021 8:12 pm
Sep 11, 2007
295 posts
215 upvotes
frugette wrote: i've been looking for par 3 on ebay but i cannot find it. do you mind sending the link please?
I don't have the Ebay Link - but there are some people on FB Marketplace selling it
Jan 4, 2007
249 posts
31 upvotes
What dial setting do you use for Par3. I've applied it once with a dial sprayer and didn't have great results....have been using a backpack sprayer since but it's very time-consuming. I'd rather use a dial sprayer on the correct setting.

Thanks

Jan 3, 2018
145 posts
83 upvotes
I use this product just once at start of the summer season on my whole front and back yard. I can vouch that this stuff works amazingly well on weeds without destroying the grass. As it is concentrated liquid, I mix about 30 ml in 5 litres of water. At this rate, this bottle will last me for 30 years Thumbs Up Sign
If you and me talk less often, then we might become best friends !!!
Feb 7, 2012
749 posts
1478 upvotes
Toronto
GoKartRacer wrote: I don't have the Ebay Link - but there are some people on FB Marketplace selling it
thanks, today is not my day. i dont see any par iii or par 3 on FB Marketplace either. i'll take another look this weekend. thanks for replying
Sep 11, 2007
295 posts
215 upvotes
frugette wrote: thanks, today is not my day. i dont see any par iii or par 3 on FB Marketplace either. i'll take another look this weekend. thanks for replying
search for "weed" also search for "herbicide" - there should be two that pop up. Set your location to within 100km+ of Toronto
Deal Addict
May 25, 2011
3165 posts
4825 upvotes
GTA North
MikuGirl wrote: We use weed torch. No chemicals and results is instant.

Not sure a flamethrower would work for me as I have weeds along the left and the right side of the house and both neighbours have wood fences. A lot of the hard to get to weeds are stuck between the wood fence (neighbour) and the chainlink fence. Not sure what the best way to keep those fence gap area weed free as it is hard to get your hands in there to pull so I wait till the weeds get tall to be able to pull them as they get close to the fence and pull them through the fence.
...Location: GTA North
If this post has helped you please click the 'THANKS' button.
GTA Grocery Highlights (updated weekly) thread
[WTB] Looking for a Netbook for $150 or under (~$100)
Deal Fanatic
Mar 17, 2006
6906 posts
5813 upvotes
Burlington
harrybuckman wrote:
No Tenacity is way better
craftsman wrote: At this point in time, the real problem is finding something that will kill the crabgrass while keeping the grass alive when the crabgrass is mature. You can try but be prepared that the success rate for killing mature crabgrass is not good.
I saw this vid, and the product (similar to Trimec) was what worked - the link in his video led to Trimec.
I do plan to get both trimec and tenacity. Trimec for killing now, and tenacity for the spring as pre-emergent.

What do you think?
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2006
18465 posts
11209 upvotes
Vancouver, BC
konsensei wrote: I saw this vid, and the product (similar to Trimec) was what worked - the link in his video led to Trimec.
I do plan to get both trimec and tenacity. Trimec for killing now, and tenacity for the spring as pre-emergent.

What do you think?
I think it's overkill actually. Crabgrass is really easy to spot in the Spring and relatively easy to kill with quinclorac in the Spring so I would just go with Trimec or something similar that contains both quinclorac and 2,4-D. You can buy just dry quinclorac and create a separate mixture for crabgrass only which may have more success as you can increase the dosage of quinclorac without going crazy with 2,4-D. Apply said herbicide when the grass is growing (as this stuff only works on weeds that are actively growing and that happens when the grass is growing as well) and where there are weeds (ie do a large spot treatment). Remember we are talking mature crabgrass at this point and that stuff is hard to kill even with something made for crabgrass so even a second/third application may not get the results you are looking for right now. Then wait for the Spring to hit the weeds as they start to grow.
Oct 20, 2011
28 posts
7 upvotes
Toronto
I have Par 3 available in 10L jugs if anyone needs some.

Unfortunately I don’t like transferring to smaller jugs, this product has no problem over the winter as long as it’s in your garage…just give the jug a shake in the spring.

I sold to quite a few members last year…sorry for being a little late on this post.

2 x 10L jugs for $500 or $300 per jug.

Shipping is available.