$49.50 - Chromecast with Google TV after PM with Best Buy

Deal Link:
Price:
Expiry:
July 14, 2022
Retailer:
Lowes
BestBuy has it for $54.99.

If you can PM with Lowes and use their PM+10% guarantee, you will be able to get it for $49.50.

Deal ends Today on Bestbuy, but likely will be extended because Visions has the sale until July 14th.

https://www.lowes.ca/product/media-stre ... -tv-952565

Edit (30/06) - Seems like HD updated their price to $54.99. But we can still PM at Lowes for $49.5 (Not sure we can do this but sign up for their emails and get an additional $10 off to make the price $39.50??)

Edit #2 - Pair it up with a remote like this and it works flawlessly (Personally, this remote has been a game changer for me - one of the best $20 invested in my life)
https://www.amazon.ca/Rii-Wireless-Keyb ... C70&sr=8-1
Last edited by Ron92S on Jun 30th, 2022 6:45 pm, edited 5 times in total.
69 replies
Dec 8, 2010
724 posts
1169 upvotes
Toronto
Just did price match, no issues. $49.50 plus tax
[OP]
Nov 21, 2017
103 posts
263 upvotes
Toronto
rainydays wrote: Just did price match, no issues. $49.50 plus tax
Thanks, updated post
Aug 22, 2005
959 posts
197 upvotes
Brampton
I wanted to avoid a face-to-face interaction so did everything online, placed the order for in-store pickup, and provided the order number to a Live Chat agent on the HD website for price adjustment... got it for $49.50.

Thanks OP!
Mar 1, 2018
85 posts
156 upvotes
Sorry for other question

Can I use STBEMU PRO app on this device for IPTV? Does remote work perfectly for app?
TIA
Deal Guru
Jun 24, 2006
12325 posts
6348 upvotes
amitpatel462 wrote: Sorry for other question

Can I use STBEMU PRO app on this device for IPTV? Does remote work perfectly for app?
TIA
PRobably, but I personally think Tivimate works best with Google TV.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
22867 posts
8017 upvotes
Gutty96 wrote: PRobably, but I personally think Tivimate works best with Google TV.
If your IPTV supplier supports it. Mine does not, so it's STBEmu...
Deal Guru
Jun 24, 2006
12325 posts
6348 upvotes
DougO wrote: If your IPTV supplier supports it. Mine does not, so it's STBEmu...
Ahhh. I see.
Dec 27, 2019
32 posts
33 upvotes
amitpatel462 wrote: Sorry for other question

TIA
Not enough buttons for stb. It works... Just missing alot of helpful buttons... Ended up buying a remote for stb... Wasn't good enough for me
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2016
1443 posts
2013 upvotes
Waterloo Region
I got a CCWGTV the last time there was a home Depot price match. (I believe it came to about $45..)
While it is no doubt a sleek streaming stick, with snappy response times and s great interface, it had one terrible flaw for me, external drive support is terrible. It doesn't support exFAT system and you can't use ext4 for external removable drives. I'm stuck streaming to it from another network drive.
Jun 17, 2013
474 posts
206 upvotes
Gangsta101 wrote: I got a CCWGTV the last time there was a home Depot price match. (I believe it came to about $45..)
While it is no doubt a sleek streaming stick, with snappy response times and s great interface, it had one terrible flaw for me, external drive support is terrible. It doesn't support exFAT system and you can't use ext4 for external removable drives. I'm stuck streaming to it from another network drive.
If you use JS USB OTG app, you can mount exFAT and NTFS ... works ok, good enough for playing videos
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
22867 posts
8017 upvotes
Gangsta101 wrote: I got a CCWGTV the last time there was a home Depot price match. (I believe it came to about $45..)
You'll just have to wait until Prime Day and see if any of the compatible adapters go on sale. I got one for under $20 that works fine from Shopper+...

I think it was this one:

https://www.primecables.ca/p-398123-cab ... b-bs-hc502

but I can't be certain. It has to have power passthrough to work though...
Last edited by DougO on Jun 30th, 2022 12:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 1, 2004
9713 posts
3295 upvotes
Gutty96 wrote: PRobably, but I personally think Tivimate works best with Google TV.
I concur.
Works much better on Chromecast with Google TV than any built in OS on any smart TV
BTW, great price for the device, I own 2 and very happy with them
Last edited by CFRTim on Jun 30th, 2022 12:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
STEAM-XBL-PSN: CFRTim
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
3190 posts
3531 upvotes
GVRD
sssscary2 wrote: If you use JS USB OTG app, you can mount exFAT and NTFS ... works ok, good enough for playing videos
$4.89 https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... botg&gl=CA

Too bad it's a pay-option. Google always tries to force users to stream and store in the cloud. I suppose it's their only way to track user activities for advertizing. Many users have been complaining of the device's lack of NTFS/exFAT support.
Last edited by RxMills on Jun 30th, 2022 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Guru
Jun 24, 2006
12325 posts
6348 upvotes
CFRTim wrote: I concur.
Works much better on Chromecast with Google TV than any built in OS on any smart TV
BTW, great price for the device, I own 2 and very happy with them
It's identically good on FireOS too. You just have to side load it as it is not in the app store.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
22867 posts
8017 upvotes
RxMills wrote: $4.89 https://play.google.com/store/apps/deta ... botg&gl=CA

Too bad it's a pay-option. Google always tries to force users to stream and store in the cloud. I suppose it's their only way to track user activities for advertizing. Many users have been complaining of the device's lack of NTFS/exFAT support.
They aren't the only ones that refuse to pay M$ for the privilege of using that file system. But FAT32 is too limiting in these days of huge file sizes...
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2011
3190 posts
3531 upvotes
GVRD
I have a feeling there's going to be a 4K version with more memory announced within the next 2 months. Depending on how many of these are inventories, there might be a future clearout too.
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2010
22867 posts
8017 upvotes
RxMills wrote: I have a feeling there's going to be a 4K version with more memory announced within the next 2 months. Depending on how many of these are inventories, there might be a future clearout too.
I was hoping for an announcement from Nvidia on a new Shield but nothing. You never know though...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)