Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Lowes

$99.99 Kobalt 24-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Grass Trimmer and Leaf Blower Combo Kit

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 2nd, 2017 8:17 am
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1884 posts
7842 upvotes
Albertariolandbec

$99.99 Kobalt 24-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Grass Trimmer and Leaf Blower Combo Kit

Deal Link:
Price:
Savings:
50% off
Expiry:
May 11, 2017
Retailer:
Lowes
Pretty hot deal if you are in need of a basic trimmer and blower for your yard! Comes with charger, battery, blower and trimmer.

Use the email coupon code + ebates and you have a pretty solid deal!
Images
  • KB.jpg
What's in your wallet?
19 replies
Deal Addict
May 20, 2009
1524 posts
1167 upvotes
Mississauga
Kobalt's quality is OK.
The issue is that their battery is hard to buy, and only sell @ Lowes, and rarely on sale...
PM $13/30 days, 250MB, 100Min with unlimited incoming/30d
Deal Addict
May 22, 2005
3196 posts
735 upvotes
The 2wh battery is $20 across the border if you ever go. Thanks OP, ordered for in-store pickup.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2014
1617 posts
374 upvotes
Brampton
Jayhoo wrote: The 2wh battery is $20 across the border if you ever go. Thanks OP, ordered for in-store pickup.
Can you post a link to the battery from USA ? Lowe's site shows 99$ for the battery.
Koodo 60$ 10gb plan
Public Mobile 36$ 4gb plan
Deal Addict
May 20, 2009
1524 posts
1167 upvotes
Mississauga
Jayhoo wrote: The 2wh battery is $20 across the border if you ever go. Thanks OP, ordered for in-store pickup.
Thanks Jay!
How about the 40v battery? if it is on sale in US, especially the 4wh or 5 one.. I won't mind a trip to our neighbor...
PM $13/30 days, 250MB, 100Min with unlimited incoming/30d
Deal Addict
Mar 9, 2007
2393 posts
2116 upvotes
Waterloo
ambujakshi wrote:
Can you post a link to the battery from USA ? Lowe's site shows 99$ for the battery.
gardener28 wrote: Thanks Jay!
How about the 40v battery? if it is on sale in US, especially the 4wh or 5 one.. I won't mind a trip to our neighbor...
40v batteries are $99. Just enter a zip code on lowes.com and you will see the 24v battery for $20. See picture
lowes.PNG
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2007
3104 posts
1726 upvotes
Canada
This is tempting, wish there were some reviews.
Was just looking at the B&D combo set on Amazon for $160, comes with the 4 amp hour battery.

Amazon...

Any recommendations between the two?
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
4676 posts
1285 upvotes
Hamilton
The 40v just manages for me. Well. Not really.
I bought the trimmer mower combo this past weekend for about 300. Excellent deal but a little weak for me. So I can imagine the 24v one. I would see if you can try it somewhere first. 40v should be the min. in my opinion.
I wish I bought the Ego mower but the mower alone is double the price of the set I bought!
Also the 40v string trimmer is only. 65 string. Really weak. I can only imagine the 24v if it's any thinner?
grantz wrote: This is tempting, wish there were some reviews.
Was just looking at the B&D combo set on Amazon for $160, comes with the 4 amp hour battery.

Amazon...

Any recommendations between the two?
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2014
1617 posts
374 upvotes
Brampton
Whats the winter maintenance requirement of these batteries? Do I need to recharge these batteries in winter too? I'll keep them in the basement and not in the garage.
Koodo 60$ 10gb plan
Mar 13, 2017
389 posts
345 upvotes
ambujakshi wrote: Whats the winter maintenance requirement of these batteries? Do I need to recharge these batteries in winter too? I'll keep them in the basement and not in the garage.
I bought the 40V mower last year and the instructions say to keep the battery half charged and indoors during the winter. Mowed the lawn a couple times this year and no issues.

Mower came with 2 batteries - the 2Ah and the 4Ah batteries.

Pretty satisfied with the mower and tempted to pick up the trimmer/blower combo if it used the same set of batteries.
Deal Addict
Feb 6, 2014
1617 posts
374 upvotes
Brampton
Jimmydeals wrote: I bought the 40V mower last year and the instructions say to keep the battery half charged and indoors during the winter. Mowed the lawn a couple times this year and no issues.

Mower came with 2 batteries - the 2Ah and the 4Ah batteries.

Pretty satisfied with the mower and tempted to pick up the trimmer/blower combo if it used the same set of batteries.
Thanks. I bought the mower and trimmer combo last week for 270$ + tax, which came with one 4 amp and one 2 amp 40v batteries.

This trimmer uses 24 v battery , which, however, doesn't fit the mower.
Koodo 60$ 10gb plan
Dec 8, 2013
543 posts
163 upvotes
Etobicoke
Anyone use the blower with the 24v ?How long is run-time ?I have a Worx blower/trimmer combo with 2 20v lithium batts and although the trimmer can run 20- 25 min/batt, the blower sucks it dry in around 10 min. Seems like only 1 batt with 2 tools is kind of useless.
Zoomer $36/mo,400 min,Canada wide,2gb data,unltd text,free everything*
Zoomer Home Phone $10/mo,free Canada wide,modem,voicemail,features*
Deal Addict
Oct 28, 2016
1884 posts
7842 upvotes
Albertariolandbec
I too would like to know this
What's in your wallet?
Aug 3, 2004
766 posts
63 upvotes
rmyly48 wrote: Seems like only 1 batt with 2 tools is kind of useless.
That's because it is..... There's no way you'd be able to trim then use the blower to clean up the trimmings on just one battery.
Jan 17, 2008
731 posts
371 upvotes
Does anyone know if the battery is compatible with the Brushless power tool set? i.e. impact drill, circular saw, etc? If it is, I'll buy and wait for the power tools to go on sale to get an extra battery.
Thanks in advance.
Nov 20, 2008
413 posts
97 upvotes
thanks OP! i've got a small yard, so I just need a cheapo cordless trimmer.
Deal Addict
Apr 15, 2006
1641 posts
1140 upvotes
msprnt wrote: thanks OP! i've got a small yard, so I just need a cheapo cordless trimmer.
This is perfect for that then. If out of juice, just pop it in for a charge after trimming, then go back to your blow job.
Deal Addict
Sep 13, 2016
1094 posts
1895 upvotes
GTA
CDRoot wrote: This is perfect for that then. If out of juice, just pop it in for a charge after trimming, then go back to your blow job.
LOL
Deal Addict
Apr 18, 2013
4313 posts
2738 upvotes
Canada
CDRoot wrote: This is perfect for that then. If out of juice, just pop it in for a charge after trimming, then go back to your blow job.
Wow!!! Face Screaming In Fear
Jan 17, 2008
731 posts
371 upvotes
If anyone else is wondering about this, I went to a Lowe's last night and asked if the 24 Volt Power Tool batteries were compatible with the 24 Volt lawn tool batteries. Two salespeople told me "Yeah, they should be".
I wasn't satisfied with that answer so I asked if they could open the box to confirm. So I took the battery for the trimmer/blower, and tried to fit it into the power tools which were on display. To our surprise, it did not fit. Not even close.
jestik wrote: Does anyone know if the battery is compatible with the Brushless power tool set? i.e. impact drill, circular saw, etc? If it is, I'll buy and wait for the power tools to go on sale to get an extra battery.
Thanks in advance.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)