• Oct 15th, 2020 7:34 pm
[OP]
Deal Fanatic
Mar 20, 2009
7332 posts
5114 upvotes
Toronto

Lowe's Appliance Extended Warranty coverage

Bought an upright Frigidaire freezer from Lowes on Boxing Day 2018, and purchased extended warranty through Lowes.

No problems with it, until Oct 2, when the LED light stopped working.
For context - I have a Frigidaire fridge that is about 7 years of daily regular use, with zero problems with lights.

As such, my read is something like this should be covered by extended warranty.

Called the number given by Lowes, explained the situation, and a service date was set for Oct 8.
Two guys came, removed a plastic panel, then removed the bulb.
They determined that bulb was dead, needed replacement, but this was not covered by warranty.
This was the total opposite of what I was told over phone - that led lights are warranty covered.
My next service date is Oct 19. No idea if the problem will be resolved, or if they are just sending someone.
I do know that they are not sending the same people - different contracting company.
As of tomorrow, it is 3 weeks since we've been using a headlamp when accessing the freezer.

Is it common to have to replace freezer LED bulbs on relatively new units?
Is it foolish to expect something like this to be covered by extended warranty?
When you look at the terms, it specifies bulbs are not covered.
Yet the person on the phone told me that certain LED one's are.

Placed a $12 order with Amazon for a set of 2 E17 4W LED bulbs, just in case.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07X86 ... UTF8&psc=1
"When someone is burning a book, they are showing utter contempt for all of the thinking that produced its ideas, all of the labor that went into its words and sentences, and all of the trouble that befell the author . . .” ― Lemony Snicket
1 reply
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2004
3469 posts
2081 upvotes
London
shikotee wrote: Bought an upright Frigidaire freezer from Lowes on Boxing Day 2018, and purchased extended warranty through Lowes.

No problems with it, until Oct 2, when the LED light stopped working.
For context - I have a Frigidaire fridge that is about 7 years of daily regular use, with zero problems with lights.

As such, my read is something like this should be covered by extended warranty.

Called the number given by Lowes, explained the situation, and a service date was set for Oct 8.
Two guys came, removed a plastic panel, then removed the bulb.
They determined that bulb was dead, needed replacement, but this was not covered by warranty.
This was the total opposite of what I was told over phone - that led lights are warranty covered.
My next service date is Oct 19. No idea if the problem will be resolved, or if they are just sending someone.
I do know that they are not sending the same people - different contracting company.
As of tomorrow, it is 3 weeks since we've been using a headlamp when accessing the freezer.

Is it common to have to replace freezer LED bulbs on relatively new units?
Is it foolish to expect something like this to be covered by extended warranty?
When you look at the terms, it specifies bulbs are not covered.
Yet the person on the phone told me that certain LED one's are.

Placed a $12 order with Amazon for a set of 2 E17 4W LED bulbs, just in case.
https://www.amazon.ca/gp/product/B07X86 ... UTF8&psc=1
idk about fridges but i know when dlp tvs were a thing the warranty stores sold never covered the bulbs.