Expired Hot Deals

Lowe's

Armstrong Flooring PRO MARK 6 In. x 36 In. Glue Down Vinyl Plank Westfield Oak Charcoal NUCLEAR HOT

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 28th, 2021 10:16 pm
[OP]
Nov 14, 2019
42 posts
64 upvotes
Ottawa

[Lowe's] Armstrong Flooring PRO MARK 6 In. x 36 In. Glue Down Vinyl Plank Westfield Oak Charcoal NUCLEAR HOT

Selling at 4c a sq ft. Didn't check if there were others. Went to Lowe's and the price is correct but not updated in their system yet and had to do price adjustment.
Screenshot_20211128-115230_Firefox.jpg

Edit: seems like a price error and it was supposed to be 1.19 /sq ft and not box but they honoured the price when I went in store.

I also used my PRO discount and got an extra 5% off bringing the total down to 1.13 per box.

20211128_113111.jpg
Last edited by Umbriss on Nov 28th, 2021 12:08 pm, edited 4 times in total.
89 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 23, 2015
2153 posts
1045 upvotes
Brampton, ON
Is "Nuclear Hot" the hottest rank of hot deals now? I dont think I was at the meeting when this was discussed.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2005
1229 posts
70 upvotes
Umbriss wrote: Selling at 4c a sq ft. Didn't check if there were others. Went to Lowe's and the price is correct but not updated in their system yet and had to do price adjustment.
They matched the price?

Which store did you go to?
Deal Addict
Apr 10, 2009
1250 posts
540 upvotes
Toronto
Glued down? Where can we use it? Garage?
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2005
1229 posts
70 upvotes
Do they glue to each other? Or do the floor?
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2012
1542 posts
601 upvotes
Winnipeg
tunglete wrote: Glued down? Where can we use it? Garage?
Needed subfloor before you lay them down...
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2012
1542 posts
601 upvotes
Winnipeg
hello99 wrote: Do they glue to each other? Or do the floor?
Glue to the floor
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2016
22589 posts
3239 upvotes
Out west
Ive bought clearance flooring like this for small projects and never glued it down. But it was for the furnace room, under neath the stairs and my garage step.

If you screw up, your out barely anything and since its those spots it doesnt matter. And a good way to practice cuts and angles for things like the drain pipe, etc

MY furnace room I just put it right on the concrete. Looks a lot better then just concrete and makes it look cleaner. Few spots when you walk you hear the tick sound because the floor isnt perfect, but its a furnace room, so who cares
Last edited by WikkiWikki on Nov 28th, 2021 10:17 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Oct 3, 2005
1229 posts
70 upvotes
WikkiWikki wrote: Ive bought clearance flooring like this for small projects and never glued it down. But it was for the furnace room, under neath the stairs and my garage step.

If you screw up, your out barely anything and since its those spots it doesnt matter. And a good way to practice cuts and angles for things like the drain pipe, etc

MY furnace room I just put it right on the concrete. Looks a lot better then just concrete and makes it look cleaner
did you glue it? does it click in to place?
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2017
2124 posts
1401 upvotes
Hmm... Do I go out and buy this even though I have no use for this...

How many boxes do I buy. A small amount is useless if you run out so you ogtra go big right?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2016
22589 posts
3239 upvotes
Out west
hello99 wrote: did you glue it? does it click in to place?
I never glued it, it wasnt this exact brand though. The kind I had the planks would click together, but gluing was needed as well. I just didnt glue it
Jan 1, 2019
96 posts
289 upvotes
This is 2mm thick, you will have to glue it. There's no tongue and groove on 2mm thick flooring.

Its great if you're flipping houses or renting to students 🤣
Last edited by potato135 on Nov 28th, 2021 10:30 am, edited 1 time in total.
Aug 30, 2007
603 posts
1105 upvotes
Calgary
One man’s nuclear hot is another’s “meh”.

Not crazy about the potential offgassing from this, especially with all that glue. Also, can’t imagine the fun when you go to replace it!

Meh…
Deal Addict
Nov 1, 2017
2124 posts
1401 upvotes
WikkiWikki wrote: Ive bought clearance flooring like this for small projects and never glued it down. But it was for the furnace room, under neath the stairs and my garage step.

MY furnace room I just put it right on the concrete. Looks a lot better then just concrete and makes it look cleaner. Few spots when you walk you hear the tick sound because the floor isnt perfect, but its a furnace room, so who cares
You can't use this in normal living areas? Or Will it creak and stuff?
Deal Expert
Nov 28, 2016
22589 posts
3239 upvotes
Out west
PerformingAzura wrote: You can't use this in normal living areas? Or Will it creak and stuff?
I have no idea. I assume if its installed correctly it wouldnt and would be like any other flooring of the same type

I didnt want to secure it in case it needs to be removed if a water leak happens, etc. PLus my time wasted to do it because, well its a furnace room. Same as under the stairs, it just makes it look better, I dont need it perfect
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2012
1542 posts
601 upvotes
Winnipeg
PerformingAzura wrote: You can't use this in normal living areas? Or Will it creak and stuff?
I have an expensive glue down flooring in whole house around 2900 sq ft. without basement.. required subflooring and eco green glue down. replacing the flooring is so easy...use hair dryer or some sort of heat blower to replace the bad pieces in case they get heavily scratched.. loving it.... thinking to grab this and lay it in basement temporarily. Only concern i have is it is dark.
Deal Addict
Nov 5, 2006
1512 posts
6805 upvotes
Ordered 10 boxes for ISPU. I don't even know how to install floor is but it's so cheap!
Last edited by coopercold on Nov 28th, 2021 10:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 17, 2012
1542 posts
601 upvotes
Winnipeg
WikkiWikki wrote: I have no idea. I assume if its installed correctly it wouldnt and would be like any other flooring of the same type

I didnt want to secure it in case it needs to be removed if a water leak happens, etc. PLus my time wasted to do it because, well its a furnace room. Same as under the stairs, it just makes it look better, I dont need it perfect
I can't speak about this specific product... mine is waterproof and I use steamer mop once in a week... Kids are loving the glued down flooring... i don't even care anymore if there is any spills or water on the floor...just wipe it off...no squeaks/creeks or clicks, if it is installed properly with enough glue.