• Jun 5th, 2020 4:30 pm
[OP]
Apr 4, 2010
108 posts
36 upvotes
Vancouver

[Lowe's] Bosch 10-in 15 Amp Portable Job Site Table Saw (GTS1031) $299

Seems like a pretty good deal for a 10in table saw
Last edited by bitbitbit on Jun 5th, 2020 12:20 pm, edited 1 time in total.
23 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2009
1179 posts
338 upvotes
Nice but must resist.... Face With Tears Of Joy
If my sanity has to go, it is my job to keep its absence to myself. :D
Oct 31, 2013
562 posts
237 upvotes
Toronto
It's a nice deal... I have my DeWalt for 279.99 otherwise I would jump on this
-Throw me a stone and I will build castle-
Mar 28, 2009
604 posts
188 upvotes
Ottawa
This looks good! I was eyeing the Rigid one at home depot that comes with a stand for $100 more but this one might be the better buy. Can anyone with either chime in with their experience?
Jan 30, 2010
293 posts
222 upvotes
Mississauga
VietTran wrote: This looks good! I was eyeing the Rigid one at home depot that comes with a stand for $100 more but this one might be the better buy. Can anyone with either chime in with their experience?
I purchased the Ridgid table saw for a company I used to work at and it was great. A bit of assembly required on the stand but nothing complicated. Lifetime service agreement is a huge bonus. Bosch is high quality but I would recommend the Ridgid based on the pro's, especially if it's just for home DIY type stuff.
Sep 17, 2007
109 posts
31 upvotes
Halifax
I'm a very new table saw user. A few months ago I went back and forth on whether to buy this or the Dewalt DW745. I ended up getting the Dewalt due to their rack and pinion system, knowing that it can't take a dado stack. I have used it a number of times now and I can say that it has worked AWESOME! So no regrets here.
Apr 1, 2013
655 posts
786 upvotes
Fredericton
psxcheater wrote: It's a nice deal... I have my DeWalt for 279.99 otherwise I would jump on this
Care to share active deal or your time machine? Winking Face
Sep 25, 2016
106 posts
30 upvotes
Damn OP, I'm trying to assemble a woodshop and this saw would be great for cutting a boatload of french cleats.... I just need to figure out if this would be a good addition now, or down the road as I already have bandsaw, mitre saw, circular saw......
Oct 31, 2013
562 posts
237 upvotes
Toronto
life359 wrote: Care to share active deal or your time machine? Winking Face
No time machine here. I say I would buy it if I didn't have a table saw already Smiling Face With Open Mouth
-Throw me a stone and I will build castle-
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3616 posts
1927 upvotes
This is a common sale price for this saw and similar models from other brands.
Dec 14, 2006
381 posts
365 upvotes
Would this be better than a mitre saw? Looking to grab something for Dad for father's day... he highlighted the one that was on sale at CANTIRE but they were out of stock.
Deal Addict
Jan 22, 2008
3616 posts
1927 upvotes
iceman2929 wrote: Would this be better than a mitre saw? Looking to grab something for Dad for father's day... he highlighted the one that was on sale at CANTIRE but they were out of stock.
Better isn't really the right word as they serve different purposes, but a mitre saw is more commonly used and versatile.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 5, 2006
7107 posts
1168 upvotes
Toronto
iceman2929 wrote: Would this be better than a mitre saw? Looking to grab something for Dad for father's day... he highlighted the one that was on sale at CANTIRE but they were out of stock.
It's for a different purpose. Mitre saws are great for cutting precise angles at the ends of boards etc.

Table saws let you do straight long cuts, moving your material against the saw blade with the rip fence as a guide, among other things.

If your building a fence or deck a mitre saw will do most of the work very well.
Dec 2, 2009
773 posts
296 upvotes
Markham
I just picked up the Dewalt 7480 for $299 at some Can Tire stores with it as clearance otherwise this might've been the one I get. For those interested in the difference, research shows the Dewalt has larger rip capacity (18 vs 24"), the rack and pinion fence which is easier to micro adjust, and more power.
Oct 3, 2019
57 posts
64 upvotes
Ghiness wrote: I just picked up the Dewalt 7480 for $299 at some Can Tire stores with it as clearance otherwise this might've been the one I get. For those interested in the difference, research shows the Dewalt has larger rip capacity (18 vs 24"), the rack and pinion fence which is easier to micro adjust, and more power.
The Bosch can also take dado stack, the dewalt cannot. It's basically rack and pinion vs dados. It's very common for people to compare these two jobsite saws and that is basically what it comes down to when making the decision, which is more important for them to have.