Price:
Savings:
43% off
Expiry:
October 9, 2019
Retailer:
Lowes
2 Pack Bosch 4 1/2-in 7.5 Amp Sliding Switch Small Angle Grinder

Last edited by markzs2001 on Oct 7th, 2019 5:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
16 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 14, 2018
3822 posts
6061 upvotes
Kitchener
Price in title please!
Gaming PC: i9 9900ks, GTX 1070 8gb x2, 64GB RAM
Phone: iPhone 8 64gb
Deal Guru
Oct 27, 2003
14317 posts
4810 upvotes
Toronto
This or the Milwaukee that's on sale for $60 at Home Depot?

What's the quality of this? 1 year warranty is pretty weak.
Deal Expert
Oct 19, 2003
19586 posts
6898 upvotes
Toronto (Bloor West …
Why on earth would anybody need a two pack of these? I've only legitimately used my angle grinder like one time, I don't know what I'd do with two. Are you supposed to dual wield them?
Deal Fanatic
May 29, 2003
6907 posts
2881 upvotes
GTA
BinaryJay wrote: Why on earth would anybody need a two pack of these? I've only legitimately used my angle grinder like one time, I don't know what I'd do with two. Are you supposed to dual wield them?
You could have two different type of blades on them without swapping. It makes a big difference if you are actually using them heavily, not just some Mickey mouse projects where you only need to grind something once like you said.
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1032 posts
1139 upvotes
If anyone wants a DeWalt one then let me know. BNIB. $40
Nov 15, 2017
317 posts
622 upvotes
WEST CANADA
cy wrote: You could have two different type of blades on them without swapping. It makes a big difference if you are actually using them heavily, not just some Mickey mouse projects where you only need to grind something once like you said.
Thanks for putting a diy mickeymouser in his place.
Sep 15, 2015
256 posts
145 upvotes
BinaryJay wrote: Why on earth would anybody need a two pack of these? I've only legitimately used my angle grinder like one time, I don't know what I'd do with two. Are you supposed to dual wield them?
It's not a quick process to switch wheels so somebody who uses different types of wheels a lot would benefit from having multiple angle grinders.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
3966 posts
5515 upvotes
somewhere in B.C.
Kurtz7834 wrote: This or the Milwaukee that's on sale for $60 at Home Depot?

What's the quality of this? 1 year warranty is pretty weak.
I have a Milwaukee 5" that I love, mainly because of the trigger switch it has. These thumb sliders suck if you're turning it on off frequently
The Milwaukee on sale at HD seems to be a slider on top of the body, but the "action" pictures of it, don't show it there, I think thats a different model shown
Jun 20, 2012
80 posts
116 upvotes
Aurora
raskal wrote:
I have a Milwaukee 5" that I love, mainly because of the trigger switch it has. These thumb sliders suck if you're turning it on off frequently
The Milwaukee on sale at HD seems to be a slider on top of the body, but the "action" pictures of it, don't show it there, I think thats a different model shown
I have to ask but in what situation would you want to turn on and off the grinder repeatedly? If anything i prefer the always on slider so i can hold the grinder by the body for awkward/ tight positions and not forced to be holding onto the trigger reducing fatigue in extended use.

PS I agree with the different disks on multiple units. Saves a bunch of time.
Side note 4.5" is very shallow for cutting discs. We end up taking off the gaurd and putting the 5" so they last longer.

Happy grinding ;)
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
3966 posts
5515 upvotes
somewhere in B.C.
Sakame wrote: I have to ask but in what situation would you want to turn on and off the grinder repeatedly?
it's not really that frequently, but grinding a bit, stopping to look at progress, some more ...
If anything i prefer the always on slider so i can hold the grinder by the body for awkward/ tight positions and not forced to be holding onto the trigger reducing fatigue in extended use.
the trigger switch has the press the button to keep power on (pull trigger, press button keep grinding). I've just found slide switches can be difficult to engage and the trigger a more natural feel.
Personal preference I guess

I saw a DeWalt 5" rat tail grinder I liked. Very narrow but long body. Nice leverage I would think, but a tad more than 2 for $80
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
2696 posts
1364 upvotes
Surrey
Anyone in Vancouver wants to buy and split the cost?
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2005
2696 posts
1364 upvotes
Surrey
xtrmDeals wrote: If anyone wants a DeWalt one then let me know. BNIB. $40
Where you located?
Deal Addict
Oct 14, 2017
1032 posts
1139 upvotes
paaji wrote: Where you located?
Mississauga, Ontario. Sorry, should've mentioned that.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2012
1097 posts
847 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Sakame wrote: I have to ask but in what situation would you want to turn on and off the grinder repeatedly? If anything i prefer the always on slider so i can hold the grinder by the body for awkward/ tight positions and not forced to be holding onto the trigger reducing fatigue in extended use.

PS I agree with the different disks on multiple units. Saves a bunch of time.
Side note 4.5" is very shallow for cutting discs. We end up taking off the gaurd and putting the 5" so they last longer.

Happy grinding ;)
Guess size does matter, I miss my Stihl gas cut off machine with a 14" diamond blade. I could cut through anything like butter.
Deal Addict
Apr 19, 2003
1079 posts
100 upvotes
I have a battery powered one and the batteries die quickly!
Will definitely pick this up!
Good deal!
References under bfg_16 in Heatware 99-0-0,Ebay 125-0-0