Expired Hot Deals

[Lowe's] Briggs & Stratton 2000-PSI 1.2-gal Cold Water Electric Pressure Washer 50% off $174.50 -$15 coupon

• Last Updated:
  • May 5th, 2020 6:09 pm
Feb 12, 2010
168 posts
18 upvotes
Burlington
The unit is also available at Rona. You can price match and get and additional 10% off.

So $2.50 more in your pocket 🤞
Aug 12, 2010
613 posts
164 upvotes
Actually for 160 bucks this is a good deal for a car washer siding and deck cleaner. Wont get cheaper than that. just remember not to use longer than 50' garden hose.
Deal Guru
Dec 20, 2003
11062 posts
409 upvotes
Ottawa
Never had a pressure washer before, but was looking into one this year. Does anyone know how this compares to the Sun Joe over at HD?

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/sun-jo ... 1000659881

Price there is $198, regular price - so I'm trying to figure out why this one is normally $340+, other than it being a Briggs & Stratton...
- Absolute
Deal Addict
Dec 18, 2009
1656 posts
661 upvotes
Toronto
Can this clean concrete of 20 years of crud or do I need to look at a gas model?
Nov 26, 2016
39 posts
38 upvotes
Tapout123 wrote: Can you run a foam cannon off of one of these?
angryaudifanatic wrote:
No.

The GPM just isn't there. If you use this, expect just runny soap, not foam.
Tapout123 wrote:
Crap. Got a brand new foam cannon and my pressure washer is the same GPM as this one. Oh well, guess I'll be keeping my eye out for a good price on a stronger one.
Yes you can, you just need to change the orifice to a 1.1mm instead of a 1.25mm.

PS: I am using a Karcher K1700.
Deal Addict
Apr 4, 2007
3814 posts
1347 upvotes
Montreal
weaser999 wrote: Actually for 160 bucks this is a good deal for a car washer siding and deck cleaner. Wont get cheaper than that. just remember not to use longer than 50' garden hose.
What's the risk of > 50' hose? Hadn't heard this before.
Penalty Box
Nov 10, 2018
3111 posts
3408 upvotes
warplane wrote: Yes you can, you just need to change the orifice to a 1.1mm instead of a 1.25mm.

PS: I am using a Karcher K1700.
Stop spreading wrong information.

I use a 1.7gpm with a 1.1mm orifice and it just passes as foam but barely.

This 1.2gpm would be pathetic for this application.

The min for most foam cannons is 2gpm as per documentation.
For legal topics and discussions, the opinion, guidance, and thoughts provided are my own and are not considered to be legal advice, in any manner.
Nov 26, 2016
39 posts
38 upvotes
angryaudifanatic wrote: Stop spreading wrong information.

You're the one who should stop, my K1700 is 1.2gpm and I'm using a foam cannon with it.

Go at 7m50
Oct 27, 2012
86 posts
338 upvotes
Toronto
it's super weak
check out this video
“The master has failed more times than the beginner has even tried.”

― Stephen McCranie
Deal Addict
May 22, 2003
4386 posts
1912 upvotes
Vancouver
I bought this last year to clean my patio with. It's surprisingly strong, I used it on my siding and it stripped off some old paint.
Aug 12, 2010
613 posts
164 upvotes
GT!! wrote: What's the risk of > 50' hose? Hadn't heard this before.
Something about the motor working too hard to keep up the pressure.

From Home Depot.

We do not recommend using a high pressure hose or garden hose that exceeds 50 feet with any of our pressure washers. This is due to the length of the hoses diminishing the PSI put out from the water source/pump which can overwork the pump.
Apr 12, 2008
969 posts
311 upvotes
I've never had a pressure washer before.. is this unit loud? I just watched a sample video of it, and it emitted no sounds at all? I have a neighbor who was using theirs, and it was *loud*..
Sep 1, 2015
128 posts
148 upvotes
Surrey, BC
angryaudifanatic wrote: Stop spreading wrong information.

I use 1.9gpm, 1.3gpm and 1.5gpm electric pressure washers. All have worked phenomenally with the two separate foam cannons I have. Saying you need minimum 2.0gpm because the documentation says so is incredibly wrong. Yes with lower GPM you are seeing less water but for many with a metered connection, this is also a benefit.

Get one of those cheap MATCC foam cannons off amazon and you should be good for washing cars. A quality foaming sudsy soap is just as essential too.
Absolute wrote: Never had a pressure washer before, but was looking into one this year. Does anyone know how this compares to the Sun Joe over at HD?

https://www.homedepot.ca/product/sun-jo ... 1000659881

Price there is $198, regular price - so I'm trying to figure out why this one is normally $340+, other than it being a Briggs & Stratton...
Both are electric pressure washers but that is really where the similarities end. The SunJoe is an inferior pressure washer with a motor more prone to failure. Induction brushless motors last longer. The design is also part of the reason. You have something made of steel and easily foldable versus a large piece of plastic. A comparable SunJoe would probably be their SPX3500 or SPX4000 models with induction motors as well. Plus like you acknowledged, it's a Briggs and Stratton motor too which is more quality.
Deal Addict
Jun 14, 2008
2929 posts
1807 upvotes
Montreal
Harold91 wrote: Both are electric pressure washers but that is really where the similarities end. The SunJoe is an inferior pressure washer with a motor more prone to failure. Induction brushless motors last longer. The design is also part of the reason. You have something made of steel and easily foldable versus a large piece of plastic. A comparable SunJoe would probably be their SPX3500 or SPX4000 models with induction motors as well. Plus like you acknowledged, it's a Briggs and Stratton motor too which is more quality.
A homeowner will never wear out those brushes for the lifetime of the washer, so it makes virtually no difference.

B&S makes decent gas motors, they don't make electric motor.