Expired Hot Deals

[Lowe's] Briggs & Stratton 2000-PSI 1.2-gal Cold Water Electric Pressure Washer 50% off $174.50 -$15 coupon

• Last Updated:
  • May 5th, 2020 6:09 pm
Sep 25, 2019
169 posts
218 upvotes
I think this unit is overpriced to being with, as similar spec units from Costco.ca is $189 (delivered) + Costco return policy.
Aug 12, 2010
613 posts
164 upvotes
MikuGirl wrote: I think this unit is overpriced to being with, as similar spec units from Costco.ca is $189 (delivered) + Costco return policy.
I just looked at the costco one. Brush motor which is much worse. All plastic. The Briggs and Stratton one looks much better quality plus can fold away with an all metal frame.
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
1971 posts
519 upvotes
Has anyone had any success in ordering from Lowe's at all? Ordered something a week and a half ago and still don't have anything but the initial order submitted email and the notification that things will take longer because of current situation. Tries to call and gave up after being on hold for 45 minutes.
Nov 15, 2015
36 posts
13 upvotes
Toronto, ON
flamenko wrote: Has anyone had any success in ordering from Lowe's at all? Ordered something a week and a half ago and still don't have anything but the initial order submitted email and the notification that things will take longer because of current situation. Tries to call and gave up after being on hold for 45 minutes.
I think you answered your own question. All online shops are beyond busy and yes I just very recently ordered from Lowe's successfully
Deal Addict
Jul 11, 2006
1971 posts
519 upvotes
tylenol613 wrote: I think you answered your own question. All online shops are beyond busy and yes I just very recently ordered from Lowe's successfully
How would you think I answered my own question successfully and then say that you had success recently? Let's try this again. Did you get a order processing, accepted or shipping notification? I havent. Unlike with this experience with Lowe's, I haven't had any order difficulties at all with three other companies. I shouldn't have to sit on a phone anywhere for 45 minutes only to hang up. I can't get any info on my order whatsoever or even cancel it if I want to. Damn... Amazon still gets me things two days later and I live off the beaten path in Muskoka.

I am well aware of the current difficulties but a company should have some method of confirming order status or at least letting you cancel an order if it hasn't been sent...or they can't confirm the order processing. I don't think anyone here would expect anything less.
Jul 20, 2009
781 posts
189 upvotes
Toronto
I can’t seem to get this 15$ off promo. How do you get it?
Apr 28, 2014
38 posts
35 upvotes
Beaumont, AB
P0rkchop wrote: I can’t seem to get this 15$ off promo. How do you get it?
Normally the promo appears when you add it to cart but not always. Clear off cookies and try few times. Else, try explorer.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 10, 2008
6049 posts
3971 upvotes
Kitchener
Thanks OP, didn't realize I wanted a pressure washer......wallet not safe.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
4698 posts
4285 upvotes
tylenol613 wrote: Would this have enough power to strip paint/sealer off of concrete?
Yes, any pressure washer will.

The difference is who much you can strip at once. The higher the flow rate of the pressure washer, the wider the stream is for the same 'working potential'.

I've got one of the cheapo $80 units that Lowes had last year. It works FANTASTICALLY, but, being a very low end unit, it takes more time to complete the same job as a more expensive unit.

Given what I've used it for (i.e. I aquired an old kids outdoor playhouse, was pretty grimy, took be a couple hours but when I was finished with it it looked brand new), it's been fantastic!
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
4698 posts
4285 upvotes
GT!! wrote: What's the risk of > 50' hose? Hadn't heard this before.
The unit requires a certain amount of inlet pressure and flow rate, I'm guessing 50' is where this unit starts struggling with your average tap. Being engineers are involved, you're probably good to push that a little further if you have good city pressure. If you're at the cottage with a well pump, probably not.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2007
4698 posts
4285 upvotes
warhawk wrote: Good for cleaning driveway ?
Absolutely, although being lower rate it will take you longer than a more expensive unit. If you're doing it once every few months? No biggie.
Sep 1, 2015
128 posts
148 upvotes
Surrey, BC
warhawk wrote: Good for cleaning driveway ?
Depends by what you mean 'good'... Even a garden hose ans some soap and a bristle brush will clean your driveway. But if I think I know what you're asking, all I will say is that it will take considerably longer with this unit than if you had a gas powered washer. There is pros and coms and tradeoffs to both types.

Electric washers are super quiet, cheaper, lighter and more portable, and only use electricity. Gas washers are much heavier, louder, use gas, but also have much more pressure output and water flow rate.

If you have lots of sidewalk and a massive driveway that you routinely need to clean, gas makes sense because it could save you hours of work. It also lasts longer but you also could be paying 5x more. But if you just need something smaller and portable and will use it more to clean some siding, patio furniture, maybe a fence and also wash cars, electric makes more sense.
Deal Addict
May 11, 2009
4895 posts
1647 upvotes
Debtario
Just wondering, can I run this model off a large bucket for quick car washing? I assume the low GPM will make a bucket last a little longer before refilling.
"I possess a device, in my pocket, capable of accessing the entirety of information known to man. I use it to look at pictures of cats and get in arguments with strangers"